Neomycin Sulfate

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by RunAround, Jul 24, 2009.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    What the dosage for goats? Is it what they say on the bottle?

It's the oral solution 200mg/ml

I just want to check the doseage before I give it. And can I give this and sulmet at the same time?

Ever since I moved my kids seem to be coming down with bacterial scours and I'm really sick of it.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah I would use the dosage on the bottle but I havent used it before so I am not sure. I wouldnt give it at the same time as Sulmet but I doubt it will hurt if you did.

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Have you tried Grapefruit Seed Extract for bacterial scours? You would only have to give them 1/2 a cc once a day and that would help kill the bad bugs in their systems. Slippery elm would also help with the scours.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I'll second that on the Slippery Elm. It really works and the goaties love it. I had one baby doe with troubles, I tried everything and mixing Slippery Elm with some other herbal products and "good bugs" cleared it up.

5. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yes, slippery elm works good, but not for these scours. I had some with yellow foamy looking scours a while back and nothing except excenel took care of that.

Grapefruit seed extract is great stuff, but very expensive, so I can't get that right now.

6. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Runaround, I've had quie a time with diarrhea in kids this season as well, which I point to the excesssive rain the NE has had. Do you know exactly what you're up against? Bacterial infection or cocci or what?
    Sulmet, which has previously worked great for me has not been effective this year.