The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone! I am a first time goat owner of two young Nigerian Dwarf wethers. they are a few months old and I bought them a few weeks ago. The bigger of the two seems to have gained some weight pretty fast and I am concerned there is a problem. I know they are supposed to get wide but his abdamin feels pretty rock hard. I'm just new to this and very nervous, any imput is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Some top pictures will slso help.
The more putures the better :)
By the way welcome!!!
And bloat will only be on the left side unless really bad if its on both sides and their still running around jumping and accting like a goat their probably just fat. Do you feed them together? How much are you feeding them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya he is still running around fighting his brother having an absolute blast. I'm feeding them quite a bit of the pellets maybe 4 cups a day? I put it in the cage in the morning along with some hay and they usually have ate all of it by the time I get home, I let them graze from maybe 3-6 every day. I wouldn't be as concerned if the belly wasn't so hard. btw, thank you for the quick response, it means alot!

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Is that 4cups all together or a piece?

And no problem :)
If you type in bloat in the search bar you will find a ton of threads on it. It happens alot.
I dont use pepto bismo.
And just hang some baking soda on a fence so they can eat it as needed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts