The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My very first boergoat show is in 2 days and my goats do not like to be set up and super nervous that they won't do what I want them to do and they are hyper sometimes like to pull me and s sometimes walk really nice help

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My very first boergoat show is in 2 days and my goats do not like to be set up and super nervous that they won't do what I want them to do and they are hyper sometimes like to pull me and s sometimes walk really nice help
Breathe! I'm sure you'll do fine!!! Try dragging a wiggling and uncooperative goat around a show ring...that was Lilly it was her first show and she hated it! Or your goats could be like Florence she's a beauty queen and enjoys being showed!

·
Super Moderator
83,058 Posts
Don't worry, others have endured the same issue, even in the ring. It is understandable, especially your first show and your goats.
Keep working with her.

As you work with her and get more shows under your belt, it gets easier for both, things will fall into place.

Don't worry, if your goat doesn't corporate, just do your best.
Remember, your goat can feel your stress and may react to it. So try to relax as much as possible, Breath in , breath out, work on setting up your goat,
watch the judge.

You will do OK, have faith. ;)

·
14,615 Posts
Pam made a good point regarding your stress level & the goat picking up on it. I really had to work on that one for a few years. Even now Im trying to relax facial muscles hubby tells me I look all uptight out there.
Anyhow Ive brought young ones into the ring totally green & they behave, then ones who've been there before and get all agitated when I try to set them up.
Then there was Brikhaus who dropped to her knees upon entering the ring & walked on her knees for several feet.:eek:

Just relax the best you can & dont worry if your goat isnt a perfect angel.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I had the same worries! I didn't get alot of time to work with my girls yet it seemed someone else's goat always misbehaved worse than mine. It can be expected.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Pam made a good point regarding your stress level & the goat picking up on it. I really had to work on that one for a few years. Even now Im trying to relax facial muscles hubby tells me I look all uptight out there.
Anyhow Ive brought young ones into the ring totally green & they behave, then ones who've been there before and get all agitated when I try to set them up.
Then there was Brikhaus who dropped to her knees upon entering the ring & walked on her knees for several feet.:eek:

Just relax the best you can & dont worry if your goat isnt a perfect angel.
ROTF!!! I'm sorry, that totally cracked me up as I pictured it in my head. :cowboy:

·
14,615 Posts
GoatieGranny at least she got noticed!:D
I had to wake her up from a deep sleep to get on deck & she wasnt happy about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts