Never to many

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Coraxfeather, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    Will I ever get any sleep until they are off the bottles. Yes this morning going to check on the ladies and low and behold to screaming new borns where standing in the middle of the pen. I ran back to the house and got my boss and ran back. I tried for a hours to get there mother to nurse them and she kept sitting down. Yes I know what she has but there is no thinking going on in the brain at this present time. I starts with a M and it is a infection in her utters. This is what no sleep dose to a person. Well next to my two mini fainten goats are two full size fainten goa babies. I have 4 on the bottle right now.

Sleep is for the week!

You know I am going home for the weekend and I think I am going to sleep 12 hours!!

Cappacino and Esspreso are sleeping nicely next to Sun and Dew. Two little girls and we double and trippled check this time. No more unexspect drops on my watch aka Dew being a boy and not a girl.

We are waiten on 4 more to give birth. Two of the does that we thought where preggersare not and the other normly only have singel births. Only one of the is a goat that we will ahve to take the baby from because she dose nto produce milk or even hav ea milk scak for some reason but produces some of the most beautiful babies.

Ok this tired one has to go and feed the older babies and takes care of getting the tac room back in shape from moven out here in the very very very quiet country. Love my boss's new farm.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Did you tie her up.?..tie her head sort of high not to choke her........tie up the one back leg... that the kids will... nurse off of.... high enough to where... it will not hurt her..but not to low that she just pulls her leg out.......if she tries to lay down.....she can't .......good luck :)

3. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    We can not let them nurse off of her she has a infection in her utters. So they are nw bottle babies. I will have pictures of them when I get back from going home. I have my cameria packed already. Spending more time at the boss's latly then I do my own house.