New 3 month old

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Ahuges108, May 17, 2018.

1. Ahuges108

Ahuges108 Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Northwest Ohio
    We just picked up a 3 month old Boer doe last week. I currently have all of my other goats on Mollys Herbals for deworming. I gave the new kid the stronger herbal dose 3 days in a row last week. The first couple days I couldn't get her to eat so I put one of my young does in with her and now she is eating but not much. My issue is now that its a week later she still has very soft poop, looks like dog poop. I thought at first it was from stress but its not getting better. I will be sending a fecal sample in but is there something I can give her until I get the results? The farm she came from had other kids with high worm load. She is similar in size to my other goats at her age. Thanks.

2. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    You could give probiotics daily to support her digestive system until you get the fecal results. You could also check her FAMACHA score and if she appears anemic you could begin Red cell for iron.

3. Ahuges108

Ahuges108 Member

Feb 22, 2016
    Northwest Ohio
    Thank you. What is the dosage rate for red cell? What would you suggest for the probiotics? I have researched and there is so much contradictory advice.

4. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Probios is fine for probiotics. Red cell is 6cc per 100 lbs.