New Additions - pics

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Sep 3, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    So here are the new additions.

You can't see the black one at all in the pics, darn it - but the others you can.

I wanted to post these before I went to class. I will post their pedigrees and all information on them as soon as I get back!

Enjoy!

Allison

Unnamed Black doe - I think she is about 5 months - suggestions for name???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sherbert - Unregistered doeling - end of may baby. Mom is Ginger - Registered Nigerian -Sire is Cherokee REAL flashy unregistered Nigerian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ginger - Registered Nigerian. I own the dam (Joy) sire is Gabriel, my old buck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snow White - Registered Nigerian - Chickory Springs breeding (same as China, and Joe Dirt)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ginger and Snow -

[​IMG]

And my favorite pics~~ My grandma and a 5 day old baby. My grandma raised me and she has dementia that is turning to alzheimers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More info to come in a few hours!!!!

2. deenak

deenak Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa
    My favorite pictures are the ones of Grandma holding the baby! That should be printed and framed. It is always hard to see grandparents/parents decline in functioning. I am sure that the goaties make everyone feel good. I have read that animals can help to calm people experiencing dementia.
    Of the other pictures I just love Sherbert, something about her coloring makes me want to pick her up and give her a hug!!!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Really cute goats.........I to........... love the so cute and adorable pics of ........I am asuming your grandma
    holding the baby,,,I love it .........
    I also agree with deenak they should be picture framed.................Very nice :shades:

4. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    Very nice! Lucky you! I agree that pic of your Grandmother is great. The little goatie looks so happy
    and content in her arms!

I've been through the Alzheimers experience. I'm sure you know the basics at least. She will get great
    pleasure out of talking about past experiences (long term memory is the last to go), go through old photos
    with her, talk about her parents, be sure to ask her about her life as a young girl (hope she still can).
    Make a list of everything you want to know about her and her "family tree", soon these memories will be
    gone forever. WRITE THEM DOWN, so you don't forget. :cry: :hug:

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    all are beautiful -- registered or not. Looks like you will be able to full fill "orders" for whatever anyone would like

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    They are beautiful!! congrats!! :stars:

8. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh they're all so cute! I love Sherbert, she looks adorable! The ones of your grandma and the baby goat are so precious. I'm sorry that she has such a terrible disease. My grandma has parkinsons, it's terrible to watch her go downhill. . . .

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Thank you everyone!

I will get alot better pics of them probobly this weekend. I want to get new ones of everyone anyway - but no offense - but hubby SUCKS at taking pics. When he takes them, he does it from standing looking down instead of squatting and getting them straight on.

I am real excited about Snow's pedigree and I think when I bring Turner to her in late winter we will have some gorgeous babies for late spring!

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am to am getting excited for breeding season :roll:

11. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congratulations on the wonderful additions! I like Ginger's color. GM is one to be cherished for sure.

12. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    They are beautiful Allison!!! Congrats! LOVE Sherbert!! She's a cutie! And oh my goodness, those last pics with your grandma and the baby!!! Oh goodness...just melts my heart! What a sweet goatie!

13. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison....they are all beautiful!!! I really like the little black doe...as dark as she looks in the pic...Midnight comes to mind for a name...and those pics of your granny and the kid are heartwarming, cherish them. :hug:

14. Di

Di Crazy Goat Lady

Jan 29, 2008
    central PA
    My Hubby takes pretty good pics, but, he just recently started using a digital camera. So, he
    doesn't "get it" yet. I said (as I was trying to get the moving goat in position) take alot of pics.
    So, we are out there an hour, and he's taken 10 pictures! I said, "take 50 pictures, it doesn't
    cost anything!" :GAAH: :hair: Because you know you have to take alot to get the
    perfect one!

15. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    All very cute but your grandma and the baby is just adorable. I wish I would have thought of that.