New babies and question about color

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Milch&Miel, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Milch&Miel

Milch&Miel New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Hi,
    we welcomed two darling new babies last Saturday, and I'm very grateful that they are both healthy. Mama's udder is quite nice, and when I expressed colostrum for the kids to get started, it just poured out. So I'm excited to have someone that will be easier to milk than my other doe :) The babies were born on her birthday
    Anyhow, I am stil pretty new at this, and I was wondering if anyone could help me to explain their coloring for registration. I am not very good at picking the colors/patterns out yet, but these two just look totally different than all of my other goats.
    The little doe is black with frosting,but then her legs are solid black with no frosting. Does that indicate some other kind of pattern going on? Do I out "white crown" on the color description?
    The little buckling is harder to see well. He has that carmel/brown color, with a little bit of black on his legs and eyes, the black dorsal stripe, and the white and white belt. How would you describe their coloring for AGS registration? This may seem silly, but I just want to make sure to do it right :)
    I apologize that the pictures aren't that good.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Milch&Miel

Milch&Miel New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    P.S- in real life, her topline and neck are MUCH nicer than in the picture. As I said, I am new to this, but I was just amazed out how nice she looked from the minute-go. Everytime I look at her, I think just think she's even prettier.
    He is the smaller of the two, but since those pictures, his legs have started to look a lot better. Even with the Bo-Se, he took a little while to get over the wobbles.
    My kids named then Sea Dragon and Mermaid :p

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Both are very pretty! The doeling would be a Black with white roaned...the buckling I'm not sure if he would be considered a Chamois or not.

4. Milch&Miel

Milch&Miel New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Oh thank you for helping !

5. silvergramma

silvergramma New Member

Nov 9, 2009
    wowwwwwwwww gorgeous babies,, congrats,, I know you are so happy!!!! yay for you and momma.. :greengrin:

6. So interesting how colors differ in breeds. I know my breeds colors differ from yours so let other give you that one. However, I love the pics, just little beauties. Congrats