New babies!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by grandmajo, Apr 5, 2009.

1. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Well it appears that my girls are determined to hold the babies in until I leave!

Our grandaughters were in an Easter program tonight, so of course, Maybell decided to kid while we were gone. We thought that the program would only last for an hour, and I checked her before we left, everything looked normal at 6:30. The program ran for over 2 hours, but I wasn't too concerned. Sure enough, we got home and I ran out to check, opened the barn door and said "hi kids" and heard Rythym answer me, then a tiny little maaaaa. Flipped on the light and saw a little black head peaking out from around Maybell. I was so excited, I ran back into the house and told my hubby he'd better get his jeans back on, we have a baby. He ran out in his sweats while I was getting on my barn clothes, and as I'm coming back out he yells, there's 2 of them! Woohoo!

We have a buckling, who is so dark brown that he's almost black, with a black dorsal stripe, and a jet black doeling with white frosted ears. Here's a pic, sorry about the crappy quality, I'll get a better one tomorrow!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats.. :leap: ..they look cute of what ...I can see....picture is dark.. :greengrin: :wink:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh congrats!! :boy: :girl: thats the way to have it - nice healthy and on her own :thumb:

4. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Thanks guys! Yep, you are absolutely right Stacey, this was a much better way to go than the first kidding that we had.

I just came in from doing chores, and everyone looks to be doing fine. Of course, I had to take some more pictures, too! lol

5. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Kinders?

Congrats!!!! :stars:
    They are beautiful!!! I LOVE THE LITTLE BOY!!!! :love:
    :boy: :girl:

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Awwwww...look at them ...they are so precious ..... :love: ..... :love: congrats... :greengrin:

7. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    aww, theyre 'dorable!

8. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio

Yep!

Hey, you've got pygmies! We need to talk!!!!!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Adorable....and so wonderful when they are healthy and happy...and doing it on their own!

10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! :clap:

11. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Sure thing, send a message my way anytime. :wink:

12. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    You've got some cutie patooties, glad it went so well for momma. So fun to hear how it all happened.
    This part so precious-I can picture it.