The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
I wish we could show dairy goats in tx during high school, what breed is that Nigerian, Nubian??
I am the only person that shows a dairy goat in my chapter, and pretty much in my whole area. I don't get any help from my advisors, because they are really into meat animals. I am going to try to promote dairy goats now that I am an officer, but everyone seems to like the money aspect of meat animals better. I can't say that I blame them! Plus, I have a very good chance of making it to round robin with only one other FFA member showing against me. :D

I show Alpines and Nubians. The ones in my avatar and signature are both Nubians.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am the only person that shows a dairy goat in my chapter, and pretty much in my whole area. I don't get any help from my advisors, because they are really into meat animals. I am going to try to promote dairy goats now that I am an officer, but everyone seems to like the money aspect of meat animals better. I can't say that I blame them! Plus, I have a very good chance of making it to round robin with only one other FFA member showing against me. :D

I show Alpines and Nubians. The ones in my avatar and signature are both Nubians.
That's cool hopefully u can get more people, what grade r u in

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Aw, they are sweeties!!! Love them Boer heads :p

I feel the same way. Everyone likes lambs instead of goats. But this way, I look smarter! And the Round Robin aspect is a good way of looking at it. Last year at our fair, both champion Round Robin positions were won by the 4-H & FFA dairy goat showmen.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Cute!! I show dairy also :) Not a lot of people do dairy around here, either. Hopefully when I go to the bigger shows at the end of the month, there will be more competition!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts