31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blossom brought home a handsome gift!!
Plant Working animal Sky Tree Natural landscape

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
No. His dad is a solid black dexter. Im confused about the white as well. Mom is registered..dad was not. But we met both his parents. Dad was red and mom was black. ???

·
Premium Member
4,738 Posts
No. His dad is a solid black dexter. Im confused about the white as well. Mom is registered..dad was not. But we met both his parents. Dad was red and mom was black. ???
That is crazy pants! Dexters can have white on their udder and a very small white spot by a hip but not faces. My first thought was a herford because of his mask. But thought no way. Then later i had an ah ha and thought mini herford maybe? Baldies are about the only that give the mask like that. A holstein will give random spots. But he is a cutie either way! Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree. Our nieghbor has herford and we have had his bull in our pasture before..but we didn't have a bull then. Had a handsome red Hertford dexter cross bull born that year. So maybe?? That might have happened again.

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kind of a bummer as the reason we bought a bull is to keep the breed pure. Poor fencing doesn't help. We are just happy everyone's healthy

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hahahha sounds like someone had a midnight rendezvous.
I know right? Why feed a bull when the neighbor bull does the job!! Lol

·
Super Moderator
14,490 Posts
Oh gosh happybleats it sounds like you have the same situation as I do. It’s always fun when our angus cattle come out white, long horn or giant because the neighbors bull got in. But I do have to say though at least you got one adorable baby out of the deal. I love black white faces and black model faces.

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well..its official..herford crosses lol. Promise has a little girl.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Me think we are foolish to think our Herford/Dexter cross was too young to breed these girls!! He would barely have been a year old.. When we bought the dexter bull who was older. Hubs figured he would dominate the ladies. Im thinking nope..Chuck got the dates. Talked to our neighbor and his Herford bull was not in that pasture during the time of breeding. Sooo Chuck it is. Live and learn. But I admit..I like the herford influence

·
Super Moderator
31,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Meet Chuck.
Plant Working animal Tree Natural landscape Wire fencing

1 - 20 of 34 Posts