New baby girl

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by TXsouthrngrl, Feb 6, 2010.

1. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    Well you guys were right...I didnt get them seperated in time and Sweety ended up preggo. I was worried since she was so young but she had her with no problems. :leap: I think she is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. :kidred:

Here are a couple of pics....Candy was born Jan 30th and looks just like her mom...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congrats on your little girl

glad mom didnt have any complications

Now keep your doe and her doeling separate from the buck for a good long while. Dont want her to get bred back again as she will go into heat even when nursing her doeling

3. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    A baby having a baby......but aren't they both sooooo adorebale!

4. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    So true! Congratulations! :stars:

5. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    Thanks...Mom and baby are in a pen by themselves. I had to kick Bosco out of his pen and put Itsy in there since Sweety did not like her around her baby and a few fights started. I was worried because Sweety has horns but the little one Itsy was getting fell off and haven't grown back. I guess I can put her back in when Candy is a bit older.

Poor Bosco is free range right now but with all the dogs I think he is safe. They dont bother him and they dont let any strange animals on the property.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yah mom is going to be extra protective. I would keep them separate till Candy is 5-7 days old and then you can move them back in -- there will be head butting and such for a couple hours to a day and then they will sort it out and get along fine.

7. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    Thanks Stacey, Candy is a week today so maybe I'll try and put Itsy back in with them and see what happens.

Sweety HAS calmed down a lot. If anyone besides me picked up Candy, she started making all sorts of crazy noises. I guess since I'm her "mommy" she didn't care if I held her. She just came over and sniffed a bit then went about her business.

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she trusts you -- thats an awesome thing.

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Aww.....look at her...... she is so cute.....congrats.... :thumb: :greengrin: :love:

10. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    That little girl is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!

11. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! :love:

:hug: congrats!

12. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    So I put Itsy back in yesterday and they did butt for awhile but as of this morning, everyone seems to be doing fine. Thanks again for the advice Stacey. :thumbup: :wahoo:

13. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    How old was the doe? :scratch:

14. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009
    I'd have to check to make sure but she's either 7 or 8 months now. I had read from one place that they didnt start breeding till about 6 months so I thought I had more time to seperate the girls from the boy. So either I read it wrong or they didnt have correct info since Candy is here now.

Now I know better and luckily Sweety made it through the whole thing.