New baby, not mine, help w/ color?

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by Haviris, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I sold my alpine, something I never thought I'd do! To a friend, she'd been w/ my nigi buck, but up to that point he'd not been able to seal the deal w/ any of the big girls, so I told them she was exposed, but I couldn't say for sure she was bred! Well she was! Just a few weeks after they got her she kidded w/ one big buckling! I was shocked, not so much so because she was bred, but because she was so far along! I never would have guessed it!

Anyway this boy would be a first generation mini alpine, so could any alpine people help me out on his color? He looks to be chocolate (lavender), w/ a grayish front, so what would this color be called? Also I know nothing about the miniature registries, are they just like the others (AGS, NDGA, ADGA)? Meaning should he have my herd name?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

cute kid, he is a lavender two tone chamoise.
    And yes he should have your herd name as the doe was in your ownership at the time of service. The tattoos will be that of the current owner. If he is to be registered the new owner will need a service memo.
    beth

3. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    A service memo from where? ADGA? NDGA? AGS? The miniature registery they deside to go with? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I've never had a miniature alpine, I've also never sold a bred doe.

One more question about the color, why would he be called a chamoise? If he was solid colored (Not sure if they have completely solid chocolate/lavender alpines) he wouldn't be a chamoise, so how does that work?

4. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

chamoisee is basically any color of gray brown or chocolate. Anything with black in the back would be a cou clair or a cou blanc. the lavender is describes the color but in a different patturn. I have several of them, its one of my favorites colors. The doe looks to be a lavender as well. She looks a lot like my juju.
    Heres a picture of juju, her breeder registered her as a lavender cou clair, but in reality she is a reality chamoisee, as a cou clair has to have black in the back end. Liek the second picture, cyclone is a cou clair with white swiss markings.
    As for the service memo it depends on how they are registered. and which registr you are going to register the kid with.

beth

Attached Files:

5. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    I see, alpines are just different! I mostly deal with the nigerian dwarfs and I've never had this color in nigis, but a solid chocolate would just be chocolate! And chamoisee would have darker dorsal, legs, belly, and face. The doe, April, does look like your Juju! She is registered as a lavender Cou Blanc, I also really love the color!

The doe is registered ADGA, the buck is registered ADGA, AGS, NDGA, but none of them register the miniature dairy goats, I gave her a couple links to registries I found recommended in here to possibly register with, but I have never delt w/ them myself. I guess maybe I should check w/ them myself and see what I need to do.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    yup you need to register him through a mini dairy goat registry. You will need to purchase a herd name from there and a get a tatoo, more then likely you can use your current one unless someone else happends to have it.

7. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    That baby is very cute.

8. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    He's not mine, I sold his mom when she was pg and don't plan on breeding any mini dairy goats, so wasn't sure how that would work, I have a herd name and tattoo w/ NDGA and AGS. I don't want to bother w/ registering a herd name or tattoo w/ a registry I don't plan to use. Just wasn't sure what we needed to do from here so they could register him, I guess I'm going to go do some research and maybe I'll learn something!

Thanks everyone! He is really cute!

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

So your does is a lavender two tone like Juju ut sounds like. A trure cou blanc would be white in the front half and black in the back.
    beth

10. Haviris

Haviris Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Yes my doe looked alot like Juju, except her front legs were both brown, I did have a Cou Blanc, she had a belly band and her legs were white instead of black, she was pretty to, but April is extra special, and I made them promise I'd get her back if they deside to part w/ her, it wasn't easy letting her go. So far they seem to be pretty crazy about her.