The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi fellow boer goat lovers... We are located in the philippines and just want feedback on new buck that we got. We are just starting and have limited resources that we tried to maximize the best we can. Any feedback and tips on how to improve his overall body will be greatly appreciated. Also due to lack of registry system regarding goats in the Phil. we don't know for sure if he is fullblood or purebred or not. Hoping for your guys feedback thank you. His name is Marlon. Pls give me evaluation, all will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Do you know how old he is?
I'm still a newbie at this but what I would like to see is a little more muscle depth.
He looks like he has potential to me, I just don't know what exactly he needs.
Maybe just higher quality feed & exercise?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response. The farm where he came from said he's 2 years old. Any tips on exercise? One more thing, is there a possibility that he has high boer blood percentage? We wanted to get full blood boer as we want to focus on boer breed but, since there is no registry in the philippines, all we can do is trust his previous farm record saying that his parents are both full blood boers from AUS. thanks again

·
House Elf Lamanchas
236 Posts
Thank you for the response. The farm where he came from said he's 2 years old. Any tips on exercise? One more thing, is there a possibility that he has high boer blood percentage? We wanted to get full blood boer as we want to focus on boer breed but, since there is no registry in the philippines, all we can do is trust his previous farm record saying that his parents are both full blood boers from AUS. thanks again
he looks like a full blood but we have a fullblood and idk if its his muscles that make his neck short or what but he has a short neck o_O i think if you feed this guy some protein pellets if you guys have that run him around every day he'll gain some muscle :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Blissmeadows... its good to know that someone thinks that he's fullblood we just want to start right. His parents are both from Australia according to his farm record.We are giving him grains now but still in small amount. Do you guys have any idea whats ideal amount of grain per buck? and how long should we exercise him?thanks again.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi everyone.... We are on the process of looking for does... As we try our best to maximize our resource here in the Phil. Can you guys critique our new buck and what to look for as we search for our does that will compliment his weakness. thank you.

·
14,456 Posts
He looks fullblood to me too. We feed adult bucks a little over one pound of feed twice daily. I dont know how that converts to your metric system.
If he has not had much grain just increase it little by little over a three week period.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.