The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we went to get my Togg buck yesterday it was about a 6 hour round trip upon getting there we noticed that the buck was very skinny and so were the other goats. My mom checked him over for bumps so seems how there weren't any we decided to bring him home. So today we weighed him and he came in at 87 pounds, he was born in February of last year and weighs around how much our kids born this year do. After that we treated him with two different types of wormer, copper bolus, penicillin, corrid, BoSe and I think that's it. We also took a before picture of him so when there's meat and some muscle on his bones we can see just how much he's changed. I have my fingers crossed he'll be CAE negative when we test him!

·
Super Moderator
58,847 Posts
That was really nice of you to take him anyway. Many people would have driven home empty-handed even driving that far. I'm sure with your good care he will be doing well in no time.

·
Dave (TDG Farms) S.E. Washington State
4,956 Posts
87 lbs and he is over a year and a half old??? That is major stunted growth. He should be the better part of 130 lbs. I have this year doe kids that are nearly that weight. Id be careful on easing him into a good diet.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Aww poor guy. Good luck with him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts