The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice color, and he is pretty wide. The only problem is his horns. When we had a horned buck they always got stuck in the fence!!!!

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nice thick winter goat he still has look real meaty in the real . I like the look plus at least his color is mix up a little different to

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
He seems to have good body capacity, depth, is wide in the chest, legs are stout and straight, and his color is flashy. On the downside, he has a really hanging belly, a very short twist, angled topline, and he is short-bodied. I would wait and see how he looks at 4-5 months old to make a final decision. Sometimes it helps to let them grow out first ;)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
His structure is fairly nice. I'd like to see a.leveler hip but that can come with age to.some extent. He has a ton of width and bone! Even looking at his forehead and horns, there is so much width there. Alot of judges will tell you a wide horn set means wide based and wide loined. I'm not sure if its true but from watching goats it does seem to hold some value. I'm not sure he really has a low hanging belly... I think alot of that's hair. He may be a little tight in the forerib but not bad at all.

Over all there is no major fault that screams pass. He's well put together, nicely balanced, and very powerful in his build. I'd love to see him clipped down.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
His hip being steep and just a little short twisted is all I really see. The twist thing is getting really picky though

1 - 20 of 20 Posts