The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 -The boer buckling I brought home just a week ago has a really stuffy nose, and fairly clear snot coming out of it. If he were one of my children, I would assume a virus, and let it run its course. But, he's not. :) Do I need to do anything about this?

2 -The nubian buckling I traveled to pick up Saturday has an eye problem. The breeder dusted him with DE on Friday, and assumes some must have irritated his eye. It is red and actually, a little cloudy looking when I look across it from the side. She gave me the opportunity to return him if things don't clear up in 48 hours. Any advice on helping the clear-up along? I have used Vetericyn eye spray, as had she. I'd really like to keep him, but then, don't want to end up with a problem. I have one more day ...

Thank you!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just asked my kids for a volunteer to come love the guy while I take his temp. My nine-year old daughter said, "You're not going to - ?
"No, I said, just feel his forehead."
"Oh, ok ..."
Ha!
Anyway, I got a helper, and his temp is 103.4.

·
Super Moderator
58,914 Posts
Do you have any eye antibiotics? You can put some eye antibiotic in it 2-4 times per day.

The temp is normal. You can try giving him Vet Rx or Benadryl and see if it helps.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't have any eye antibiotic. Just the Vetericyn eye spray. Is there an OTC eye antibiotic I could look for?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts