The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past year I lost my 2 senior bucks, both irreplaceable and from superior genetics. One was a purebred Lamancha the other Nigerian Dwarf. I miss them so much.

I didn't keep a Mancha son, so I had no breeding son from my boy. I happened to be looking on the local goat FB page when I saw the name of my boys dam, as the dam of a doe they were breeding. They had reservations for a buckling, so I sent in a deposit! I will be getting a nephew of my late boy! So excited.

One of the top herds in the area for Nigerians has a son, grandson and several other family member of my late Nigerian. I reserved a son sired by my bucks grandson, who is linebred on my late buck. I saw this boy in person at the early show this past spring and he is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to get him, too!!!! I had kept a son, but ended up selling him last year because I had no pen for him to winter in. I am kicking myself big time for that. I do have a son from this year, but I am waiting to see just how he matures a little. He is still pretty tiny right now. He is the youngest of all my kids born this year. I do have 1 doe I want to breed him to this spring. Time will tell with this little dude, but I am certainly going to get that great grandson too!

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,616 Posts
So sorry about your losses, but congratulations on the new boys!! Can't wait to see pictures when you get them! 🥰

What Nigerian Dwarf buck's (registered) name?

·
8,492 Posts
That is great that you have bucks on the way! So sorry that you lost the old guys, that is always so hard.

I was in the same boat as you a few years ago- lost the old guys and had no one in their lines. Now I keep one buck kid from each great buck until the next kidding season,
then sell the yearling if he isn't needed. (That almost doubles my buck population- which is tough, but I don't lose the good genetics.) I know not all can do that- but
until I get the artfiicial insemination thing down- (then I hope to only have a clean up buck!) I'm doomed to have bucks, too many!

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. Those 2 bucks were my besties. They were the perfect bucks- sweet, easy to handle, great bloodlines and worm resistant. The Mancha had long blonde bangs that flowed down past his nose by several inches. He would stand on the door of his pen and let me braid them, over and over again. Both were perfect gentlemen even in rut. Never flirted with me, always gentle with their ladies and I never had to worry about them peeing on me! LOL The Nubian that is in the large buck pen now is a pain in the butt. He flirts and spits all over people when they walk by and will try to bite your butt if you are back too the stall. We keep a spray bottle handy. The former Jr herd sire/now senior herd sire Nigerian who moved into the late Nigerians pen can be rough with the girls, is a total jerk but is easy to handle. I know every buck has their own personality, but the difference between these 2 and the late 2 is night and day- total opposite.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
1,616 Posts
Dandy Hill, the one I lost was Humble Acres LB Volt. His grandson, that I am getting a buckling from is Denbow Acres 2Fast2Furious.
Ok, thanks! I love digging though goat pedigrees! 🤓 I found some picture of 2Fast2Furious and he is striking with moonspots to boot! Did your guy have moonspots too? Both of your boys sounded like they were quite the gentlemen, I'm very sorry you lost them. 🌹

·
Premium Member
4,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dandy, yes, my late Nigie buck Volt was black with white and moon spots and ice blue eyes. He was long, level and wide. He sired some amazing kids.

The dam of 2Fast2Furious is Volts twin sister.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts