The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two new Nubian wethers. 5 month old twins. They are both very vocal but one in particular is loud and every time they see me in the window or come outside, they will start up and will do it constantly all day. All seems to be fine with them. They are perfectly healthy. I've been told Nubians are very vocal anyway but geez this is ridiculous. One of them is VERY loud with it so as to get my attention. I go out there to spend time with them and they will calm down but as soon as I walk off, they start back up again. Same thing with feeding them grain, I don't feed them grain everyday and when I do, it is in very small amounts so as to keep the urinary calci from forming. I have a feeling they are screaming for the grain b/c they go crazy when I bring it out there. They have plenty of fresh hay, water, and free minerals. We have had them now for a week.

They do eventually quiet down toward dusk. And quiet down when they cannot see anyone for a period of time. It's only when they can see us and we aren't out there near them.

Is it because of their age? Is there anything I can do differently?

·
2,203 Posts
Not really. It's a multiple of things:

New environment
Attention seekers
Nubian.

Lol

1 - 2 of 2 Posts