new bunny breed..updated

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by SDK, Feb 7, 2010.

1. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    is netherland dwarfs in shaded colors..

picked up my buck today in el centro, he's about 3 months old , name is dynamites Simba( i didnt name him), i'll be getting another doe from the same breeder and one from another soonish (2 mo?)

posed picture tomorrow, but i love him already... such an easy baby to work with

pictures go from youngest age to current

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: new bunny breed..

very cute -- so you are going to breed dwarfs now too? wow you are a busy bee

3. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

not alot.. i only plan on having 5 or so total. but its a breed i can play with color genetics on.. and that i can actually pose and groom.. so they're moreof a toy than an full on project.. but very cute

4. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009

Congrats! Simba is very pretty :)

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

thanks.. i got my moms camera for tomorrow.. so hopefully i can get him to pose and be a pretty boy

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

you cant pose a tan?

7. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA

Oh man...they are cute! I'm such a sucker for bunnies! I've always wanted to have the dwarfs, had mini lops, but the netherland dwarfs were always my favorite!

8. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

Nope, tnas are judged while "on the run" they're supposed to be able to naturally show off their type in the movements of ther body on the table.. which is why my tan pictures are never "perfect"

9. DebMc

DebMc Member

Dec 10, 2009

Handsome lil' dude! What color is he? It looks like he has some blue mixed in there.

Deb Mc

10. TXsouthrngrl

TXsouthrngrl Guest

Sep 25, 2009

Ya just have to love bunnies. He's a cutie.

I have 2 mini lops and 2 lionheads.

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

its black. torts are pointed on their muzzles, ears and tail with black, and have black shading along the body.

Torts are a non extension variety, which is basically you have a genetically black rabbit, but the blak coloration doesn't extend over the rest of the body.

here's two picsfrom this morning, off my phone.. the camera died.

he wasn't too happy about the 8 am wakeup call.. but he's still pretty cute

my friend has some of the best minilops in the country, i dont understand how they are mini though lol , the suckers are like 6-8 pounds! haha

my lion friends keep trying to give me lionheads.. but i dont have room.. especially not now

12. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California

He's way cute -- do bunnies make good pets? I know that sound dumb, but most of the ones I've known are too wild to enjoy being handled much. My son has had a house rabbit for about 4 years now (a rescue), but she won't let me touch her. Everytime I pick her up, we trim her toenails -- LOL!

Veronica Cop[lin has a ton of rabbits -- are they nice ones? And she breeds all sorts of breeds, doesn't she?

13. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

lolveronica is a sweet girl.. i think she has dwarfs and mini rex.. unsure about the rest.. and they make awesome pets.. its just routine handling and training

14. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio

Aww he is adorable! :love:

You have to stop posting pics of your rabbits!! You are making me want some! :p

15. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

lol i ship :)

16. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Congrats on the new fella! :stars:

17. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

so i'vecreated a monster this morning.. I took my niece out with me to clean the cages and check babies.. so i showedher the new dwarf,since i'm trying to practice posing ever day with him.. she flipped out.. i put him in a carrier cage with the top open and she just sat there petting him.. had no interest at all in the 14 tan babies i've got.. and those babies are cute.. all she wanted was to play with that guy. she's only 19 months or so lol.

so i think i'll show them under my name and her name in open.. since its legal to do that, she cant show youth till 5 years..

18. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca

so here's some pitures of the monster i made

she loveloveloves simba.. soosoo cute..FB friends can see a video

19. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

She is so cute!!! I wouldn't mind having a monster like that!!

20. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    I love this part! :love: Sounds like she's already an animal lover, but just think, if she ever gets really involved in animals you'll always have the special memory of maybe it all started with her aunt/aunt's dwarf.

Precious pics and niece!