The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a litter born a few weeks ago so I thought I would share a few pics :)

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And these are some of the bun buns from our first litter

Attachments

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They sure are lol! :D

The older ones are going to freezer camp this weekend... Getting too big!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
do you take them somewhere for that, or do it yourself?

you know, I've never heard of so many people raising bunnies for freezer camp until I joined this forum!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We do it ourself :) I don't.. I stay far away! Lol!

Hehe!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha! Yep!

My mom, dad, brother, and sisters all do it together... Yuck! Lol

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do they use the broomstick method, a .22 or ring their necks? Or bonk em?

You're rockin' on with the chins!
My dad breaks their necks.. And then dose what ever it is they do lol!

They bunny chins?! Confused lol!

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ringer I guess.. Idk what it's called lol!

Ooohh! Yes, we got a lot of them! And some are cool cause they are white, chinchilla, and tan all mixed :) it's pretty :)

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Ewwww what exactly is the "broomstick method"? The bunnies are cute. Rabbit meat is one meat I dislike very much. I love squirrel, deer, buffalo, duck, and goat and lamb, but not rabbit. Bleh...

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not really sure.. I don't help with this part of the rabbits lol! It makes me squeamish.. :p

Really? I think it tastes a lot like chicken.. :shrug:

Mmm! Yummy stuff there! Never tried duck though..
Or squirrel.. My little sister likes it though...

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Maybe farm raised are better... I always had wild ones. bleh..... I did taste a farm raised one at a restaurant once though.... bleh.... LOL

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have heard wild rabbit is kinda 'gamey'

I don't know! Lol!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
The broomstick method is where you put the rabbit on the ground, put the broomstick over their neck, step on both sides, and pull the rabbit's feet out from under them so it dislocates their neck. Either that or their head comes off.

"Bonking" is either knocking their head super hard with wood, or hitting their foreheads with a hammer. Sometimes the eyes pop out.

A "wringer" (just noticed I had been saying "ringer"... LOL woooowwww Grace.) is a piece of re-bar and hook it in the wall, one side stays in father than the other. You pick up the rabbit, place it's head in the small side, pull the feet and dislocate the neck.

And, of course, a .22 is just for shooting the head, behind the ears, at an angle slightly towards the nose. Kills them instantly if done correctly.

Try some guinea, just killed, butchered, gutted, and plucked seven this morning before 10:00. :D

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
The broomstick method is where you put the rabbit on the ground, put the broomstick over their neck, step on both sides, and pull the rabbit's feet out from under them so it dislocates their neck. Either that or their head comes off.

"Bonking" is either knocking their head super hard with wood, or hitting their foreheads with a hammer. Sometimes the eyes pop out.

A "wringer" (just noticed I had been saying "ringer"... LOL woooowwww Grace.) is a piece of re-bar and hook it in the wall, one side stays in father than the other. You pick up the rabbit, place it's head in the small side, pull the feet and dislocate the neck.

And, of course, a .22 is just for shooting the head, behind the ears, at an angle slightly towards the nose. Kills them instantly if done correctly.

Try some guinea, just killed, butchered, gutted, and plucked seven this morning before 10:00. :D
If any of this was meant to disturb me, you will be disappointed that none of it did. I just was curious what the broomstick method was...
I grew up on a farm. I don't choose to kill and eat my own animals now, but it doesn't bother me. I just don't care for rabbit. The meat tastes yuck to me. I love squirrel on the other hand.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts