New business card

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by kelebek, Dec 8, 2008.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Just curious what you all thought of the business card that my hubby created for me today.

I didn't even ask and he emailed this to me. Just wondered what you all thought.

The picture was taken from our front yard.

[​IMG]

2. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    It's lovely Allison.

3. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    I really like it! That is a beautiful picture of the lake!

4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    -giggles- If I'm correct, 'breader' should be 'breeder'.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    HAHAHAHA!!! You know - I didn't even notice that - THANK YOU!!!! I would have felt like an I-D-I-O-T!!!! LOL :shocked: :shocked:

6. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN
    Don't feel bad we all make mistakes and don't catch them (in this case your DH made the mistake). It is really pretty.

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is really nice.... :) ........just a suggestion though...you are selling goats....right.??..I would put a goatie somewhere on it...even if it is a head shot..... :dance:

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I thought about that - but would it be to cluttered?

9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    no....... I don't think so...try to put one under meat goats ...try a full goat ....if that looks like to much just try the head.........
    Or you may try one of each side...under breeder of.....and under meat goats....I am thinking head shots ...on each side ....facing towards each other ........But I would try whole body vs head shots.... just to see.. what may look better............ try to make them.. as even on the card as possible.... :thumbup:

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Allison asked me about adding a goat picture but I said would look to cluttered and take away from the picture of the lake. Simpler the better. But thats just my oppion

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oooh, that's very pretty. :) What a gorgeous view you have!!

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    stacey....maybe she can try to see...if it works?? ........when you hand out your business card...the 1st thing they do ...is look at what is ...on the card ..to see what you are selling..... Allison is selling goats ...the only thing on the card is a beautiful scenery shot....just by trying to add ...what I had mentioned prior.....or even if it is just the one head shot to the right of the card....facing to the left....Allison may or may not like it.. :shrug: ....but I feel it is worth a shot?.......it will show potential customers what she has to offer.........I make business cards as well......Just my opinion.....
    The goal is to advertise your animals/product you are selling.....Does that make sense...? :scratch:

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Pam I wasnt saying she COULN'T TRY I just said it would look cluttered. my oppion. period. Nothing to get upset over. :shrug:

14. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Well, If space is an issue, maybe her husband can have the 'breeder of ect' part arched under the name, that would give some room to add a goat or two, but I also like it the way it is.

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    We are going to play around with it - but for temporarily we are going to leave it as it is. (except for changing spelling - LOL!)

In Spring we are going to get some nice goatie pics and play with a new style - but I dont have any really good ones right now -

Thanks all

16. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Allison, DH did good by "surprising" you with this! I almost have to ask "what did he do?" lol

Anyhow I agree that it looks great as is...and if you want to try a goat pic on it, why not do a small "silohuette" in each bottom corner...won't be cluttered and it will have a pic of a goat.

17. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That is a really good idea Liz. A silhouette of a goat or maybe just a "head shot silhouette". I wish I had my business card program again. :sigh: I had to use a table on the Works program and try to make it look good. . . .

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    stacey ... I wasn't getting upset .....I am confused though why you felt ...that I was ?.....not my intentions at all......I was just giving her my thought's and ideas ..sorry you took it wrong......? :help: :doh:

...sounds good Allison....Just trying to help you ...in any way I can......I hope you can get that excellent goatie shot for your business card...if ....you are going to try it ...that way....LOL :)

19. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW that is beautiful.

20. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Liz - EXCELLENT idea! A sillouette would (head shot) would work awesome. Maybe a Boer on the left and a Nigi on the right!!!

See - this is why I LOVE you all!!! :grouphug: