The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally after a month of working we just today finished everything on the coop, minus some roofing work and some glass for the windows! We did everything off a blueprint we found online and so far everybody loves their house!

Wood Land lot Tree Cottage Siding

Wood Floor Fixture Flooring Gas

Wood Wood stain Hardwood Gas Plank

Attachments

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
That is BEAUTIFUL!!

I was just thinking about my new coop too. An what I want.
Could you possibly give the dimensions or something ??:)
I LOVE it!!! :D

& how many chickens do you have in it?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is BEAUTIFUL!!

I was just thinking about my new coop too. An what I want.
Could you possibly give the dimensions or something ??:)
I LOVE it!!! :D

& how many chickens do you have in it?
Thank you! The whole coop with the yard is 8' by 12' and the actual coop is 4' by 8'. We have 8 in there now and 4 that'll be moving in soon-ish. I imagine it could hold a couple more though, it's pretty roomy in there!

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Thank you! The whole coop with the yard is 8' by 12' and the actual coop is 4' by 8'. We have 8 in there now and 4 that'll be moving in soon-ish. I imagine it could hold a couple more though, it's pretty roomy in there!
Thank you for that!!
I have 9 & one that's gunna be a little extra big. The coop I have now is too small so when I move the babies In, it will be not so good!

If you dot mind me asking, how much did it cost to make?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that!!
I have 9 & one that's gunna be a little extra big. The coop I have now is too small so when I move the babies In, it will be not so good!

If you dot mind me asking, how much did it cost to make?
I don't mind at all :) We haven't put all the receipts together but it cost somewhere between $300-500. Although it may be cheaper if you buy all the wood in bulk and do a metal roof instead of shingles, which is actually what the instructions originally called for. We just did shingles because we had some tar paper and shingles around

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I don't mind at all :) We haven't put all the receipts together but it cost somewhere between $300-500. Although it may be cheaper if you buy all the wood in bulk and do a metal roof instead of shingles, which is actually what the instructions originally called for. We just did shingles because we had some tar paper and shingles around
Ahhh! Ok:)
Yay!!
Thank you so much for that information!!:)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That coop is awesome! Where did you find the blueprints for it?
Thanks!! I'm having a hard time tracking it down, but I'm pretty sure it came from the coop section on Backyardchickens.com. If I can find the exact link I will share it :) its just a matter of finding it again haha

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I'm having a hard time finding it :( but I do have some basic pictures from us building it. And, I of course can tell you some of the details

Plant Tree Wood Outdoor recreation Grass

Plant Tree Wood Grass Leisure

Plant Tree Wood Shade Grass

Shorts Shade Plant Tree Leisure

Plant Plant community Vertebrate Leaf Tree

Plant Wood Shade Tree Beam

Plant Wood Building Floor Tree

Window Building Fixture Sky Wood

I can try and get specific measurements on some of the parts in the morning but i hope this shows some of how it's built

Attachments

·
Registered
471 Posts
No worries! I'll have my dad or uncle look at the pics and see if they think they can copy it. I'm just a total dummy with building things unless it's laid out and idiot proof. If it can't be done, there are always other coops out there haha. Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No worries! I'll have my dad or uncle look at the pics and see if they think they can copy it. I'm just a total dummy with building things unless it's laid out and idiot proof. If it can't be done, there are always other coops out there haha. Thanks for looking! :)
Yea I'm sure if they have even a little experience building things they can figure it out :) its actually not to complicated it just takes a lot of time and strength!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts