New dates for ADGA shutdown.... they are still up 1/20/21

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by goatblessings, Jan 21, 2021.

1. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    So heads up! ADGA ran into problems installing the ROSS system. They are still up and running, so get those registrations, herd names etc in. The next proposed shutdown date is February 26th - which I hope they reconsider , given that's prime kidding season, which will impact a number of breeders trying to get registration for new kids for buyers and numerous other things........

2. wheel-bear-o

wheel-bear-o Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2020
    Vermont
    Oh for goodness sakes. They are going to have an astonishing registration backlog if they push the transition to late February. At that point it would be such a better idea to wait until July or something.

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. goatblessings

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    Agreed.... I’m thinking wait until October or so - most shows will be done or at least in place, kidding will be minimal, and dna typing etc should be mostly done. The length of time they are estimating for a shutdown is concerning .

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  4. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    Whatever time estimate they give, I bet they end up doubling it.
    I hope they do wait till Oct.
    They are raising registration rates by an additional $1, April 1, 2021.

GoofyGoat likes this.
  5. fcdairygoats

fcdairygoats Active Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Raising their registration rates!? That stinks.

ETA: Or is that the normal $1 more rate?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  6. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Thanks for the heads up!!! I better get my bucks papers transferred asap. im such a procrastinator (embarrassed)

MellonFriend and Iluvlilly! like this.
  7. goatblessings

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    It's a bit of a mess right now, and still not an answer on LA for this year - that's a whole separate headache....... hopefully they will get a fire under them and get some things done

8. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    What ever the current rate is to register, they are adding $1. So Apr. 1 it was $10.50, now it will be $11.50. It's getting hard to want to register a bunch of kids. (I have 20- can't afford to do that right now!).

fcdairygoats and happybleats like this.
  9. fcdairygoats

fcdairygoats Active Member

Jun 24, 2013
    Indiana
    Oh my! I didn't realize they had raised their rates so much! I let my membership expire when I thought I was getting out of goats for good. I didn't registered kids for a couple years. I didn't know they had raised the price that much now!

10. NDinKY

NDinKY Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Kentucky
    Feb 26th is a terrible time to shut down, hopefully they push the upgrade to fall. Does this affect DNA typing too? I need to do several of my bucks and litters from two of my does.

11. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    I think they will be totally shutdown until the computer stuff is straightened out. But, call and verify.

NDinKY likes this.