The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
www.wildheartsranch.org
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Moved the herd today! I hate not having my own place, but the one one is pretty nice (upgraded to a real barn with TWO whole stalls!) The girls' pasture is about 1/2 an acre, and there's another field of browse that needs fencing finished. In that sense it's a downgrade from the last place of 5+ lush acres, but it's worth it for the barn and buck pen! Even though his fence is rather piecemeal it has a very hot wire around it (yes, I found out the hard way) so I'm hoping it will hold him. Going to try for PLANNED breedings next year! :p I like that they have that covered middle aisle; if someone is kidding I can lock them in the stall and the others will still have shelter. Yes, I even put their water in it so they don't have to go out in the rain to drink. The last neat thing is that the girls' stall backs up to the feed room/milk parlor, and already has the top half of a dutch door into it - so we're going to modify the bottom half so they can be led straight in there.

·
www.wildheartsranch.org
2,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been doing a bunch of work at the new barn, so of course I have to show off :) I made the dutch door functional, and added a ramp leading up to it - because apparently my girls are too spoiled to make the 1' jump up lol. I also did some modifications to my homemade milk stand. I used to just tie them to something next to it, but they still had room to move around and especially liked to go forward off of it. The chest bar works great! Tulip is a willing model as long as there's food involved :) There were also no lights in here before, so I ran an extension cord from the other side of the barn and tacked it up along the eaves.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.