The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally boughta doe kid! I love her to pieces!

She isn't registered because of her teat structure but is a Status Quo granddaughter and heavy ripper on her dams side I believe. Her name is Honey (So my does names are Sugar and Honey). She just is 4 1/2 months old. I'm in love with her! What do you all think?

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks!!! She's such a sweetheart!

Yesterday was a pretty bad day. My doe who was a bottle baby last year bloated so bad we ended up tubing her four times. This little doe actually went and cuddled with her after the whole ordeal. Thankfully the one that bloated is ok now

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Whoa :shocked: Beautiful girl!!!!!! Love that snip on her nose. Are you going to use her to breed for wethers?

The only fault that I can see right off is her hindquarters are taller than her withers, making her top look swayed, but she could very well grow into that. Big girl for 4 1/2 months :)

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whoa :shocked: Beautiful girl!!!!!! Love that snip on her nose. Are you going to use her to breed for wethers?

The only fault that I can see right off is her hindquarters are taller than her withers, making her top look swayed, but she could very well grow into that. Big girl for 4 1/2 months :)
She's growing fast! She's as big as my 90lb wether. Her sire had the same problem and he evened out. I'm hoping that's the case with her... its not noticeable when she moves so I'm thinking that's good.

I'm hoping for percent does off of her but if she has nice wether kids my siblings can have them. But by the time she's old enough to kid I won't be eligible to show wethers.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not to sure yet. I want to take another look at her pedigree and see what would compliment her. She's a little loose in her shoulders and needs better teats so those are two things I need in a buck for her. The man who had a national champ buck this year (don't remember exactly what title) lives very close to use so he may be an option

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! When I saw her picture I knew I had to have her... she's exactly what I've been looking for except I wanted papers but its alright. I can wait for her babies lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts