The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a registerable mini nubian doe from a reputable local breeder.

Other than trying to get along with my *ancient* nubian doe she seems perfectly healthy and gets along with everybody else fine. She is a little thin in the back but I guess that's normal?

I have them one Molly's Herbals but I wasn't sure if I should hit her with some Ivermectin and Sulmet just in case? She was wormed/checked once a month at her last place and her lids look fine but the breeders kids were having a fight with cocci and they refused to sell any. I looked at the kids and they were super rough.

I'm concerned about Cocci because my *ancient* nubian just got off a bad fight with it. Should I hit the mini nubian just in case or leave her be? Will she "infect" anybody else?

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
I always worm a new goat coming in as a matter of protocal since stress opens the door to worms..including cocci...Karen gives good advice to have a fecal done will let you know what worm if any you are dealing if any so you pick a good womer ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts