new doe????

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by liz, Jul 3, 2008.

1. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Ok, I just came across a pretty lil' doe that was born mid may that is really close to me for an affordable price.....the thing is though that she shares a common " ancestor" with my buck....this said ancestor is 4 generations back with the doeling and 3 back with my buck.....would this be a problem if I decide to get her???

2. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    NOPE! It should not be a problem at all. And make sure that if you get her you post lots of pics!!!

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I'm hoping to get a reply from the email I just sent....and soon!

She's white with some random brown spots and very dark chocolate legs....her dam is for sale also because the breeder retained this ones chamoisee twin, but the dam is more than I am willing to pay...125 more than the doeling!

4. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    I agree with Chelsey. You won't have any trouble as far as "inbreeding" goes but make sure that one ancestor is one you don't mind doubling up on a little bit.

Congrats!
    Kristen

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The "common" goats have produced others with milking stars and mgch titles so I don't think I'd mind too much there!

6. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
  7. Suellen

Suellen New Member

Mar 9, 2008
    Paragonah, Utah
    I have know idea if it is ok but I do agree you need to post lots of pictures if you get her.
    Suellen

8. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I haven't heard back from her yet so I'm not getting my hopes up :?

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I got a reply...the doeling was sold and she just didn't update her site..she did offer kids from up coming births in the beginning of August though...same buck so the "common ancestors" are still there....now I just need to remember that I want to keep my herd small...and having 3 hayburners (retired) and 2 "breedable" does plus a doeling for next year and maybe a new one....I just need to remember to keep my herd fun and manageable...right now I have 5 does and 3 bucks....and really want to keep a doeling out of Binky next year but if she doesn't have a doeling I'll have this "new" one...seee..I'm rambling trying to justify adding another goatie! :? :)

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well first off you just need to be content with your herd (this is what I am learning) and then if something just falls in your lap you know it is ment to be. the more you go searching for it the chances are you will make a mistake

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I totally agree with you Stacey....I know you are having the same issue..keeping them fun and manageable...I really enjoy the milk and of course I need to have a minimum of 2 minis freshened to have enough for what I use it for, I know I won't be breeding to have as many as I did at once...it's fun seeing new kids arrive but having 3 does go within a week was just too much! So " if" the next one does come along without searching I'll accept it and the opposite too, I'll knock on wood and say that other than my loss last May, I've not had any terrible issues with my herd and pray that I continue with the "luck" I've had...without adding headaches and even more stress than normal :greengrin: