The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep we got another Leaning Tree doe. :)

Her name is Leaning Tree GF Ace of Diamonds and she is sired by CSB Gauge's G-Force *EN* who is also the sire to our doe Dandi.

Ace was bought by some friends of ours at a sale a year or two ago. I saw her as a yearling and she was absolutely gorgeous! I wanted a doeling out of her really bad. She kidded triplet doelings this year actually as a FF and was a great mom.

Our friends told us they needed to sell most of their herd, and Ace was one of them.

We were out of room though so one of our adult does had to go. She is going to some great friends of ours who live pretty close, but it was still hard to let her go as she is a really sweet doe (Ruby).

Ace needs a LOT of weight, but we are looking forward to getting that on her and breeding her to Teflon next month. Here are some pictures from today.

Thoughts?

The last pic is of Ace and Dandi who are half sisters. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
I'm not a Boer person but she really doesn't look like she is lacking that much in the weight department. She looks pretty good to me. But she is a pretty girl! Congrats!

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
very pretty..stands proud

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you! I am so excited about her. :) She is super long and level with a gorgeous head and neck. Teats are clean 2/1, bite is perfect and pigment is 100%. She was stunning as a yearling when she was in really good condition. I hope we can get her looking like she did again!

No, she doesn't look that bad, but when you get your hands on her she feels like a skeleton. Every bone is prominent. She was just de-wormed and we'll certainly do our best to get weight on her fast so we can breed her and get some beautiful kids!

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Aww, very nice! Love to see all the new happenings with your beautiful herd. I think Ace and Teflon will definitely make some stunning babies! :D :D

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks!

I think Ace and Teflon could come together perfectly, but we'll see. With Teflon's mass and her style and elegance, I think those kids could be gorgeous!

She's really flighty and won't eat hardly anything, so she's in the horse barn by herself being "force fed". :) She seems to eat better in there and doesn't have a huge pasture to run around in and burn calories! We tried her in the young does pen, but every one of them slammed her down... even Dazzle who is half her size! Brats.

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
she's so pretty! and LONG! well, she can take some food away from some of your girls who are on a diet!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I am not a boer person either but I think she is gorgeous. She may be my favorite boer doe I have seen so far. I like her build and I like her face. She is very pretty. I also think she looks very proud.

·
2,203 Posts
She's got that old fashioned build that I LOVE in Boers. Great find!

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
She doesn't look bad to me either maybe a tad under bit I'm sure you'll fix that :p lol. Sooooooo you said you were going to have to sell a adult doe????? Lol

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you all very much. :)

well, she can take some food away from some of your girls who are on a diet!
I wish she would! She is so nervous and flighty though... all 4 of our young does who need a diet have placed themselves over her already, and Dandi is DETERMINED to keep her from setting foot in the barn! :( I think our spoiled goats are facing jealously issues... :rolleyes:

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know... they are all 9 months and under and Ace will be 3 in April. She was bottom rung at her previous home too. She's a big goat so she could fight back if she wanted. Especially with Dazzle. That just cracks me up when Dazzle goes at her as she is the smallest/youngest goat we have right now!

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
She's a big goat so she could fight back if she wanted. Especially with Dazzle. That just cracks me up when Dazzle goes at her as she is the smallest/youngest goat we have right now!
She is just a lady and is above such nonsense! :lovey:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts