New Does!! They're Home!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by capriola-nd, Nov 26, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I've kept this to myself for quite a while b/c I wasn't positive it would work out (about 99% sure it's going to work now so cannot hold it it any longer ;)). We are adding two mature Rosasharn does to our herd! :leap:

Both are sired by Rosasharn TL Summer Sol *S (an Eclipse son) -- One doe is out of ARMCH Rosasharn's UMT Sassafras 5*D 'E' and the other doe out of ARMCH Rosasharn's Lot-A-Lilly 3*D 'E'

I'm SO EXCITED! :D These girls are five years old and I've seen their udders before (very nice!) and they are both very dairy and correct -- I may be able to get them bred to a Dill's buck. Going to see them Saturday and send a check. Just had to share! Will try to get some decent pics of them on Saturday. One is a broken buckskin and the other is reddish gold with some white.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Re: New Does!!

Wow..that is very exciting! Gotta love those Rosasharn goats! Be sure to get pics when they get home!

3. ecologystudent

ecologystudent New Member

May 29, 2009
    Lacey, wa

Wow, that's awesome! Good luck bringing them home.

4. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics!

5. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Working on bringing home a buck (maybe) soon (maybe), so I share your excitement!! Congrats on some nice lines too, from what I've been learning those are wonderful and from what I've seen of their does Rosasharn has lots of good udders! :dance:

6. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Thats so exciting!

The one out of Sassafras must be the littermate to Sequoia then? I would be very interested to see her udder, since I have a son of Sequoia here :)

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

So cool....congrats....... that is exciting........ :greengrin: :thumbup:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio

That's very exciting! Congrats Olivia!!!! :stars: :stars: :stars:

9. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009

SWEEEEET!!! Can't wait to see pics!

10. Re: New Does!!

Well, good for you. Small world to see a few of you having related goats and on the same forum and everything. Hope you enjoy them. Pics everyone, pics!

11. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Just looked on ADGA pedigree search and she (Magnolia) is the littermate to Sequoia. I will definitely be getting udder photos of her and will share. We also plan to show them and are participating in Linear Appraisal. . . really wish I could do milk testing.
    They may be able to be bred to Dill's D Lucky Image *S (Dill's Derringer *S x MCH Gay-Mor's LR Kitty's Meow 2*D. I hope those lines cross well, udder-wise. I get to see a yearling daughter out of Lucky and Magnolia, I remember her being very dairy and refined.

12. poppypatch

poppypatch New Member

May 30, 2009
    Montesano WA

Gotta love those lines!!

We are keeping our fingers crossed to bring in more of the Rosasharn Eclipse lines next Spring with reservations at Algedi Farm on their Eclipse and Buckwheat Honey daughters.

13. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

We picked up the girls on Thursday and they are all soooo incredibly sweet and friendly. He gave me Magnolia's yearling daughter. She is runty and had bad coccidia as a kid. I'm hoping to turn her around.

This guy didn't take very good care of these girls and it's sad. I hope they didn't lose any of their potential for not being cared for properly. They've been lapping up our minerals like candy. They are most definitely deficient in both copper and selenium (he said, "we do not need any extra stuff here.") I am just waiting for my gram scale in the mail so I can give them copper. Other than looking a little rough, they are very pretty and we are very happy with them!

These photos are awful and please do not judge them based on these. They are under condition and are getting lots of TLC to get them healthy again.

Jasmine in the front (Magnolia's yearling daughter), then Lilly, and Magnolia in the back.
    [​IMG]

Lilly and Magnolia:
    [​IMG]

I just read what Stacey wrote on another thread about copper and selenium deficiencies causing legs and pasterns to look weak, so I am hoping when they are not deficient anymore that their rear leg sets will be improved, even just a little.

Oh, it's a very cold morning and the goats are still ajusting to the cold we've had coming the last couple days, so they are kind of hunched up. They've been loving all the good food, warm water, and treats they've been getting here! :)

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :love:
    and to think they'll get even better