New does

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by Sunrise, May 28, 2008.

1. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

Feb 8, 2008
    OK I think I'll post pics of my new does too. Please let me know what you think of them as I'm still new to this!
    Happy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Rainey
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Muffin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Brandy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks again guys! :thumb:

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am wondering if it is the camera angle or when shrinking them that makes the goaties look so thin across the shoulders.

I do like the girls - especally Happy! You last doe looks a bit like one of my Boer X in the face!

Are you planning on showing them??

3. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  4. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

Feb 8, 2008
    Thanks. The last one is a Boer cross. The first two have been shown and they did well but I don't know if I will show them. I think the angles are funny too.

5. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Nice, feminine does that are attractive from the profile. Perhaps a bit narrow through the chest but definitely sound foundation stock.

6. Sunrise

Sunrise Guest

Feb 8, 2008
    The narrow thing...could they grow out of that? I'm not sure i know how that works.lol The first two are yearlings and the other two are 3 to 5 months old. My horses seem to.

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    They could out grow it but some dont. I have a boer doe that is a yearling and she is just as narrow as she was when I first got her. Breed them to a well built buck and their kids may be well built as well.