New Family Member Coming!!!! New Pic page 3

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by kelebek, Mar 10, 2010.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I wanted to let you all know, now that it is finalized and I have calmed down a bit….. But let me give you a little background on the whole thing so that you understand why I am so excited about this!!

My husband and I got “together” in March of 2004, shortly after I moved back to my home town. We moved into our first home together in August of 2004. The beginning of March 2005, while working as a surgical tech in a vet clinic, I was given a Dougue de Bordeaux from a breeder that had brought in 3 pups from the same litter. They all three had umbilical hernias that she wanted fixed. While doing my exams for pre-surgery, I noticed that there was a Hermaphrodite pup with a Grade V heart murmur, a female pup with a Grade II heart murmur and a male pup whose heart was fine. The breeder put down the hermaphrodite pup and only authorized surgery on the male pup. When she came to pick up the two pups – she told me to keep the female and give her a good home. I was SHOCKED!!! These are not “cheap” dogs and not very well known in the United States.

I brought her home, opened the front door. My husband looked down, snatched her up into his lap, and she never left his side….. even to die in his arms at 25 months old from GVD. This devastated him. Four days later, he found out that he was severely diabetic and a close friend of ours had passed. This was 3 years ago.

http://www.sunsetlakeranch.net/rainbowbridge.htm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, for the past 3 years, I have been looking for another Dogue de Bordeaux for our family. I found a couple “pet quality” ones, but they were SOOO expensive. And then when I found one that I wanted, I would show hubby and he would freak out and say no – because NONE would be like Chia.
    A couple weeks ago, I saw an email come across on a yahoo ND list that I am on that said “dogue” in the email address and she has a couple goats and of course I had to email her… we started talking. Anyway, I told her that I was “looking” for a pup for my husband for our anniversary in October. She said that she might have some pups coming and she would keep me posted.

Then a couple hours later, I get an email from her…….. saying that she has a young girl that she would be willing to sell to us for “pet price” on a co-ownership. This pup is almost 6 months old and she is hoping that she will be breedable at 2 years of age… anyway, without boring you with specifics on our contract conversations, I was totally taken back that she chose US for this offer.

I immediately went and showed hubby pics of her – he fell in LOVE with her. Then I told him the situation and that she would be a breeder girl, live with us 100% of the time and that we get to keep half of the litter to keep or sell. He jumped on it – I couldn’t believe it.

This girl is beautiful!! She was born in the Czech Rep and her father is a 6 country International Champion currently residing in the UK. Uppity z Orisku (aka – Raven) will be joining us as soon as we come back from Vegas – and are hoping that she will fly in on the same day that we fly back from Vegas – April 6th.

Here is the NEW member of our family – Raven
    Raven as a 12 week old pup –

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Raven with her friend (Raven has the black mask)
    [​IMG]

Raven last week!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Raven dad’s –
    http://www.dominiodelospenates.com/dogu ... _moby.html

more pics of him
    http://www.axoland.com/males/moby.html

Raven’s mom (ok – now maybe this is superstitious – but our first dogue was “Chia” this girls name is Chiara!!!)

http://schreiber.dog.sweb.cz/fotogalerie5.htm

And this is the pedigree with pictures --- the dog listed is her full littermate sister – but thought that it was cool to see the pic lines going back!!
    http://www.kynologica.nl/pedigree/modul ... pedid=7709

Anyway – YES, I am a little to excited – and to keep this “secret” for 2 weeks was KILLING me!

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Re: New Family Member Coming!!!!

She is beautiful! Congrats!

3. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

:love: precious! Congrats!!

4. Trace

Trace New Member

Dec 28, 2008

OMG - I WANT her - she is gorgeous!!!!!!

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Thank you all for the kind comments.... it is so hard not to have her sent home now - but I just can't see her coming home and then being put into boarding for a week while we are gone.... just can't do it..... and hubby won't let me cancel the vacations - LOL!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

she looks like a show dog....very beautiful.... congrats.. :love: :greengrin:

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

She definately has the potential for showing. The co-owner and I have already started picking out "boyfriends" for her as long as she passes the hip, elbows, and heart testing at 2 years old. One of the boys that she will be bred to (probobly second litter) was the Best of Breed Bordeaux at westminister :)

8. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska

wow! gorgeous

9. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Wow Allison.....she is awsome! How much will she weigh full grown? I have a friend in Texas that raises Brazilian Mastiff's and they are pretty big.....your baby reminds me of my friends pups.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

My two mastiffs that I currently have are 1/2 brazillian, 1/4 english, 1/4 pyrenese!

Here are the stats on the Dogue de Bordeaux (french mastiff)

http://www.akc.org/breeds/dogue_de_bordeaux/

The length of the body, measured from the point of the shoulder to the point of the buttock, is greater than the height at the withers, in the proportion of 11/10. The depth of the chest is more than half the height at the withers. Size: Dogs: 23.5-27 inches at the withers - Females: 23-26 inches at the withers. Weight: Dogs at least 110 lbs. - Females at least 99 lbs.

Now, our Chia was 130 at 25 months old when she passed - they are MEAT BALLS! Not real tall, but they have ZERO fat on them and are just cut! They are beautiful dogs.

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

Allison...I'm glad to see that you are finally sharing her with everyone else! She is a beauty and wow is she growing fast! Those last pics prove that :love:

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Yah, and to think it is going to be another month till she gets home ..... I want her NOW (stomping my feet and pouting) LOL!

13. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA

Wow! I love the look of her!!! Now I am going to have to read up on the breed.

14. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

well hopefully in 2 years (or a little less) we will have pups on the ground for sale :)

15. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio

OMG they are sooo sweet:) YAY :stars:

16. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA

That is so not playing fair!! I would love to get a boy
    :love:

17. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

Congrats to everyone-so very awesome that this has worked out for all! :stars: I'm sure she'll earn her own special place in your DH's heart.

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

all males from the first litter will definately be sold as pet only quality on a neuter contract - and more that likely on the second litter to. Ms. Chelsea is a wonderful breeder and has VERY high standards, so I imagine most of the pups (male and female) will be pet only.

19. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

congrats -- I know how hard it is to wait

Now why would she breed this female if her pups would only be pet quality if her standards are that high? I would presume that she wouldn't want anything with her name on it that wasn't top quality going by what you say of her standards. Are you just saying most would be "pet quality" with the exception of a few show? Just curious on the reasoning.

Another reasoning that comes to mind is that she will want to see the pups mature to know what kind of offspring she produces. But how many litters can a dog have in a lifetime and still not make them breeding machines? so at what point would she be retired after accessing her breeding qualities?

I never understood dog breeding :?

20. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT

Usually in dogs, you pay differently for "pet" and "show" pups. Pet puppies include spay/neuter contracts between the breeder/new owner. It's just a way of saying that that dog isn't to be bred.

There has never been a litter of "show" quality puppies. Not all puppies (or even most puppies) in a litter will be show quality.