new female

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by bluecollar, Feb 18, 2008.

1. bluecollar

bluecollar New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    NE Arkansas
    This is the little female I got Saturday. She is about 3 months old. I am assuming she is mostly nigerian. She is a live wire.

[​IMG]

2. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Does she have horns? If she does you might still be able to disbud her if your other goat is hornless.

3. bluecollar

bluecollar New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    NE Arkansas
    Yes, she does have horns. Her horns are much smaller than our wether even though they are about the same age. I have never disbudded with an iron before and can't find anyone close by to show me how to. Quite frankly I don't think it is a good idea for me to try doing it without someone experienced here with me. I do think the female could still be disbudded, but not the wether.

We plan on having both of their horns surgically removed by the vet pretty soon.

4. Sara

Sara New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Ellensburg, WA
    Oh okay, I was just worried if she had horns and he didn't somebody could get hurt. Congrats! She's gorgeous.

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is pretty - is she friendly? how did your daughter react? I hope she is settling in nicely.

6. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    She is so cute!!! congrats!

7. bluecollar

bluecollar New Member

Jan 23, 2008
    NE Arkansas
    She is still getting used to us and her new home, she is friendly but is reluctant to let me get close to her. She will eat grain out of my hand though. She is coming around slowly but surely.

My daughter wasn't too happy at first. I was calling the new goat SuzyQ, my daughter decided she wanted to give her another name so I let her. She has fully accepted our new goat now. She named her Rosalind, but we call her Ozzy.

Our little male is name Ezekiel. He belongs to my daughter and he thinks he is the boss. He has his favorite place to lay down and if Ozzy steals his place he butts her out of the way. He doesn't get rough and hit her, he just pushes her out with his head.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    glad she is fully accepted now by your daughter, thats great.

Hehe, my wether thinks he is the boss too - get in his way or take the spot he wants..... you get the boot (well the horns actually).

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    So glad your daughter came around, Rosalind is a pretty lil'gal! I'm sure she'll fit in fast!

10. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    She's adorable- I wish the best for all of you.