New forum catigory

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by StaceyRosado, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Yes I like the idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No that is to confusing

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok so a pet pieve of mine is "stickys" but I know the use of them.

So I am asking the members if they would support an idea of instead of me having a bunch of stickys in the Caprine Special Care forum I make a new forum just for stickys.

It would be kind of like a FAQs but only for information that was posted in the Caprine Special Care section that I or a moderator thought would be helpful for quick reference.

The only problem I see with this is that people might not think to check this other forum (thinking of the name Special Care Sticky Smarts) for the information they are looking for.

your oppions are valued.

2. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    i think that is a good idea. then if it is an emergancy people could go there first.

3. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Another forum I go on has that and it is called goat 101 and all health stickeys go there for future reference. If someone ask on the health board about something that is on a stickey usually someone will direct them to the goat 101 to check it out. I think it is a good idea.

4. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
  5. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    I agree that a special sticky health catagoie would be good. But sometimes people post to the sticky threads, probably thinking that this is how to get more info. So maybe a sticky that can't be added to without administrator agreement?

6. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
  7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Yes I we can work on the dynamics of it.

I would hate for someone to have to wait to post added information but I have a few ideas.

One thing you may not know is that I can split up topics and make a new thread out of just a reply if I think it should be its own thread.

But those are legistics I can work on as we create that part of the site.

For now my plan is to make it so that on topics can be created by moderators or myself but users can reply. If I feel a thread shouldn't have replies - like it is a stand alone topics or artical etc I will just lock it.

Input is still welcome.

I like the 101 idea.

Maybe Goat Sense 101?

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok I created it since I had some time this evening.

We can see how this works and how everyone likes it

9. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    The spot just keeps improving- thanks Stacey.