The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I'm watching you
22,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need an emergency 911 forum that is cleared to health and wellness as problems pass. It would really help to be able to spot people who need help right away.
Something like the one on the DGI forum.

·
goat girl x0x0
2,449 Posts
That's a perfect idea, goathiker. I always worry that if an emergency came up that nobody would see and be able to help, mine or someone elses.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I really like that idea. I, too, worry about the people posting in an emergency not getting seen. (Me too, possibly!) not that people are negligent...but it's easy for a post to get buried if lots of things are going on at once. I thought the forum that the other site had was very cool and creative.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I agree!!

I once had a problem And I posted it. I'm the 45 min that I didn't have an answer, my poor TK has been slowly passing. About 2 min After someone posted, she had passed..
An emergency forum would be great!:)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I like this idea a lot! It would be easier for people that need help A.S.A.P for a goat to get answers and advice on how to treat it.

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,979 Posts
I think it needs to be a seperate forum. That way it's out in the open and everyone can see it. And, if we get a new member that needs help they can quickly sign up and know right where to go instead of looking around for it.

·
Registered
12,823 Posts
I think it should be something that would get bumped to the top of all the threads so it gets seen . Or somehow make it that its seen as soon as someone comes onto the forum. Even though it says 911 on it , it may not get noticed right away unless its the first thing you see.
Just saying , but its a wonderful idea !

·
HaileyBailey
373 Posts
I agree! I've a cow board that I go to and the 911 forum is right there at the top and easily found. It's used a lot and when the issue is resolved the thread is closed and moved out of the 911 forum to prevent any confusion. I guess here the thread could be dropped to the regular health and wellness forum so it could be found in a search? Just a suggestion. :)

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Very good idea; It would be good if it stayed at the top of the list at least until the person needing help gets a reply, or maybe two replies?

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Very good idea; It would be good if it stayed at the top of the list at least until the person needing help gets a reply, or maybe two replies?
No nessasarily an amount of posts because what if they don't get help in those few posts?
How about when they get the help they needed, they have a "button" so to speak, that they can click on putting it back into health & wellness or whatever it needs to be in?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I don't necessarily think it needs to go to the top.
It should go threw like everything else. But maybe a section to the side?
But I still agree we need a place to post emergences to where we can to see the thread quickly and the section will be cleaned out weekly

·
Boer Lover 4 Life!
2,979 Posts
I say it should go right underneath the Announcements section. That way it's not right at the top but not too hard to find either.

·
Super Moderator
31,741 Posts
I agree...a very good idea...health and wellness is a great thread but it can be anything from how to you trim hooves to My goat is down..so a seperate forum would be awesome..

1 - 20 of 35 Posts