The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum. I have many animals, including 2 dairy does and 1 buck. And more on the way since both does are due to kid at the end of this month. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of my does, Promise, is 1/2 Saanen, 1/2 Alpine. Her daugher, Chinook, is 1/2 Nubian, 1/4 Saanen, and 1/4 Alpine. Chinook is much more athletic than her mom. Promise is calm, gentle, and sweet. While Chinook loves to push, play and jump on things. Our buck is named Avalanche, he is a purebred Saanen. And soon we will have his babies running all over the place! I am so excited! And then we have lots of other animals including horses, chickens, ducks, kitties, a dog, etc.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
NightHawk said:
One of my does, Promise, is 1/2 Saanen, 1/2 Alpine. Her daugher, Chinook, is 1/2 Nubian, 1/4 Saanen, and 1/4 Alpine. Chinook is much more athletic than her mom. Promise is calm, gentle, and sweet. While Chinook loves to push, play and jump on things. Our buck is named Avalanche, he is a purebred Saanen. And soon we will have his babies running all over the place! I am so excited! And then we have lots of other animals including horses, chickens, ducks, kitties, a dog, etc.
My folks raise Saanens. Although the ones they have are Americans. The foundation buck they used was Purebred. Their website is http://www.buttermilk-acres.com . We'll have some more kittens more before long-if you need any more cats:). We usually have a Jersey steer and a Guernsey steer or two that we raise on the goats milk-and some Jersey milk. My folks also have a Cow. And at times we raise our own pigs.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
We'll have some more kittens more before long-if you need any more cats:)
Actually, our barn cat just went into heat recently and I noticed a stray male hanging around the barn so we're expecting kittens late April or early May. I love cats, but unfortunetely my dad isn't a big cat person.
I also checked out your website. That is neat. We had a hard time finding any Saanens up here a few years ago, but they are starting to become popular.

I to am in Idaho!! I am in Harrison. I have mini dairy and also am getting into Boer X for meat! Where are you located in Idaho??
I am near there. Sorry, for being so vague, but I don't give out a whole lot of that kind of information (dad's rules). It's good to hear that there is someone around here though!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts