New from Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lyceum, Apr 9, 2008.

1. lyceum

lyceum New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Attica, IN
    Hi Everybody!

My name is Carisa. I live outside of Attica, IN (about 30 minutes west of Lafayette). We live on a farm where we raise Dairy goats (and a few Boers) Breeds incluce: Sable, Lamancha, Alpine, Nubian, Nigerian Dwarf, a few Oberhaslis, and Mini Manchas, and now 2 Mini Oberhasli little girls. We also have Recorded Grades. We are trying to get the breeds down to Sables and Saanens along with just a few of the other breeds. We have somewhere around 100 goats and have had over 60 kids born here this year so far. Somewhere around 10 more due to kid yet.

We also raise Belted Galloway Cattle (yep, the Oreo Cookie Cows), Pedigreed Standard Rex Rabbits, Chickens (chicks coming end of April/1st of May in the following breeds: Cuckoo Maran, Egyptian Fayoumis, Jersey Giant, Salmon Favereolle and Turkeys Bronze, Royal Palm and Bourbon Red). I have 15 little chicks right now that are 5 weeks old. Can't wait for the others to come in.

I work at a Vet Clinic as an Vet Assistant, Kennel Worker, and General whatever they need help with. Working there has been a huge help with managing all of our critters. My mom manages the goats while I am at work.

Carisa
    Lyceum Dairy Goats

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WELCOME Carisa, We are so glad that you are here with us. :wave: :wave: .

WOW it sounds like you are all very busy.

Years ago when my DH was in the Military we were stationed at Ft Ben. I have to say I truly believe and I tell everyone that people form Indian are the NICEST people in the world. I mean they go out of their way to help anyone. I really do miss it there, but it sure does get cold.

I am sure you have noticed, we love pictures, so bring them on. :leap:

3. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome Carisa! We are always happy to hear from other goat people!! Hope you enjoy TGS as much as I DO!!

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome Carisa, boy thats a lot of goats and other animals. Sounds like you must keep busy just taking care of them.

5. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    Hi neighbor! (well, sort of........, I'm in KY :wink: ).

Nice to meet you. :wave:

Kristen

6. lyceum

lyceum New Member

Apr 8, 2008
    Attica, IN
    Thanks for all the welcomes! Well, I would go take pics today, but we are supposed to be having severe thunderstorms. So, I will try tomorrow. The cows are starting to look great out on the green grass with their pretty white belts.

Carisa

7. Dover Farms

Dover Farms New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    NW Ohio
    Welcome to TGS!!!!! :wave: :greengrin:

Sounds like you are really busy! Goats are so fun and addicting aren't they! :lol:

8. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to The Goat Spot!! Glad to have you with us. :wave:

9. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Welcome to the Goat Spot!! :wave:

10. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Welcome Carisa! I used to live in Indiana as well....I moved to Arkansas 5 years ago. I am so glad you came to join us. I hope you enjoy this site as much as I do and find it helpful.

11. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
  12. lilbird

lilbird New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    Welcome :)
    from a fellow hoosier!