New from Indiana

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by 2horses, Jul 6, 2010.

1. 2horses

2horses New Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Hobart, IN
    Hello all! I've been a lurker for a short time and decided to register :) My name is Jennifer. I'm going to be 30 later this month ( :GAAH: ), married for 5 yrs and have a 14 month old son. I'm a stay-at-home-mom and Tupperware Consultant. We live in Northwest Indiana on 7 acres with 2 horses, 1 Rottweiler, and a Rex rabbit. No goats. Yet. I am working on my husband about that :laugh:

In a few years, I hope to be able to build a better barn for my horses and have a seperate area to have goats. I am considering Myotonics. I think my husband would enjoy that... but am also thinking I'd like my son to get into 4H and goats might work nicely. The horse 4H around here is highly political and I don't have the money to compete with the big-wigs. No clue if the goat circuit is the same way.

Anyway, just saying hi. I won't have much to add to this board except for "Cute!", but I have already learned a lot and know I'll learn more.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hi and welcome...Jennifer... :wave: ....glad you are here...we look forward to any questions you may have.... :greengrin: :thumb:

3. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Welcome its nice to see someone else from Indiana

4. newtopygmies

newtopygmies New Member

May 26, 2010
    ashville alabama
    Hi...And welcome from an ex hoosier now living in Alabama.

I hope you get your goats!!!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    welcome :wave: glad you are here

Most goat circles are laid back but you will find your cut throat die hards in anything. :/

6. 2horses

2horses New Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Hobart, IN
    Thank you for the welcomes :)

7. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi Jennifer! I'm in Alabama. Let us know if we can help convert your hubby over to goats. :p It only takes a couple.....They don't eat as much as a horse....

Gina