New from SK Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hphorses, Apr 22, 2010.

1. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Hi I am new here.. My husband and I live in SK Canada. We breed, raise and train Quarter Horses but recently have decided we would like to enter the goat world. We are going this Sunday to pick up our new herd of goats which will be 10 yearling doelings and one buckling. They all are Boer crosses.

I had milk goats when I was a kid but that was way to long ago so I am probably going to be on here full of questions!

Thanks for letting me join in! Tara

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Welcome Tara :wave:

be sure to ask anything - we will try and help with answers

3. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
  4. fiberchick04

fiberchick04 New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Colorado
    Welcome from Colorado! You will love it here! Ask away, people on here are so helpful!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Welcome...from northern California... :wave: .we are here for any questions you may have.... :greengrin:

6. RollingHillsBoers

RollingHillsBoers New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    NW North Dakota
    Hi Tara! Glad to know I have someone close! We are from NW North Dakota, 30 min. from the border!! We raise Boer too!

Nicki

7. nutmegfarm

nutmegfarm New Member

Dec 22, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Hello and welcome from NE Ohio!! :wave: :D

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Welcome Tara, :wave:

Wow when you decide to jump into something you do it. :laugh: Most people get a few to start, not a whole herd.

Good for you. We love pictures, so don't think you can't show us your horses, we would love to see them also. :stars:

9. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Lol yes we jump in both feet lol. Go hard or go home hehehehe

I will get pictures of our new herd of Goats when we get them home on Sunday and as far as the horse pictures go lol it would probably be best for you to go to our site and look as there would be a image overload on here LOL..

I will though post some pictures of our newest arrival yesterday morning at 3 am.

This is Cherie and her new colt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Rollinghillsboars if you EVER come up we are only like 3 hours north of the border! Straight up hwy 9!

Tara

11. Realfoodmama

Realfoodmama New Member

Apr 12, 2010
    Santa Fe, NM
    Welcome from the land of enchantment! That sure is a lot of goats to start off with ;)

:wave:

12. mrs. lam

mrs. lam New Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Hi from Alabama :leap: I ended up selling my horse to get more goats. :dance:

Gina

13. echocreekranch

echocreekranch New Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Hello! I am new to the board and am from SK, Canada too. We live in Qu'Appelle.

This is our first year in goats too. Started out with 5 percentage boer does and a purebred boer buck (who promptly died), bought a second buck at Agribition and just finished kidding with 12 kids on the ground...lost one doeling.

We're having tons of fun and the people on this site are so friendly and helpful.

Jen

14. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Welcome from Southern California. This is a great group of people.

15. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    Hello Echocreekranch!! We are in Waldron, just a half hour south of Yorkton! or 20 mins East of Melville!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck on the Buck, I sure hope that doesn't happen to us.. Is it common to loose Goats like that?

How did you find your goats when you got started? we have been having a heck of a time finding any and finally have found some!

I'm pretty excited! although I am not sure that I would sell our horses to buy my goats like mrs.Iam hehehehehehe

Tara

16. echocreekranch

Oct 6, 2009
    Hey Tara,

I have no idea if it is common. We are so new to this too! We bought our little starter her from Len and Shelly at 12 Acre Ranch near Regina. The does have been wonderful, are great mothers and made it through kidding with no problems.

Where are you/did you get your from?

Jen

17. farmgirl42

farmgirl42 New Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Eastern Ohio
    Welcome from eastern Ohio. In case you haven't yet been warned - goats are addictive. Enjoy!

18. hphorses

hphorses New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Waldron, SK. Canada
    we got them from KaeRonne goats in Calder very nice poeple!!

Tara

19. echocreekranch

Oct 6, 2009
    Oh yes....I saw them show at Agribition. Good luck with your new herd and keep in touch!