New From Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by griffin45, Jan 17, 2009.

1. griffin45

griffin45 New Member

Jan 16, 2009
    Chatham, Va
    Hello Goat Folks! My wife and I have a small farm in South central Virginia. We presently have 4 ND's (2 b's and 2 d's), 1 unregistered Nubian Doe, 2 percentage boer/nubian does, 1 nubian/boer buck, 2 cashmere does (one freshening soon), and pretty little pygmy doe that we rescued a few weeks ago. We also have a breeding pair of Jacob sheep (hoping to add more soon). Pigs, Chickens and Peafowl. Of course the normal amount of cats and dogs... 5 is normal right? I am glad I found this site. It has given me lots of useful information in just the last few hours!
  2. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Welcome to TGS... sounds like you have a great farm going there. We'd love to see some pictures of all your family. :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    welcome Chris!!! please dont feel overwhelmed by us ladies -- we enjoy all input :greengrin:
    (oh and there are a couple guys on here too :thumb: )

Well you sound like you have a heart for animals :thumbup:
  4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    I see you also raise peafowl.. What breeds do you have? We used raise some a couple years back and are getting into them again.
  5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Welcome to The Goat Spot Chris!! :)
  6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Welcome! We absolutely love hearing from new and "seasoned" goatie people.......and we all love seeing pictures of all kinds of critters so I hope we get to meet your "menagerie" as well.
  7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    welcome...glad you are here with us... :wave:
  8. rkalgren

rkalgren New Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Falls Creek, PA
    Why such a low number of dogs? I thought 10 was normal, that is what we have. Welcome to the forum.
  9. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Welcome. I guess it is normal for us farm folks to have lots of cats and dogs. I know people like to drop them off here and softies like me keep them. I'm just glad they haven't started dropping off unwanted goats because that would be a problem. I like my disease free herd.
  10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Welcome from Idaho :wave:

Yah, I think that is a normal count for cats and dogs - LOL! I have 2 Mastiff x girls and a rott girl that sleep in my bedroom - LOL!

We are glad to have you here and would LOVE to see some pics of everyone!!!
  11. Amy Goatress

Amy Goatress New Member

Oct 1, 2008
  12. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Welcome from AL :wave: I hope you enjoy TGS! And can't wait to see pics of all your animals! :leap:
  13. grandmajo

grandmajo New Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    Welcome to TGS, Chris! :wave:
  14. tat2edlady

tat2edlady New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Lexington, NC
    Hi Chris I am also new here.I am a short hope and jump from you in North Carolina I also have Nacked Neck Chickens 6 cats and 2 dogs and 3 ND does and 1 ND billy.

15. Laurel_Haven

Laurel_Haven New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Welcome from SC! :wave:
  16. KikoFaerie

KikoFaerie New Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So. Central Kansas
    Welcome, Chris, from Oklahoma. (said in deep manly voice.....)