New Girls are home -

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Apr 25, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    New girls are home and Rose was possibly bred!!!!

New girls came home last night and instantly were part of the herd. I was so excited to see how well they acclimated and everyone took to them.

Today, I put all the does out in the far horse peen because the farrier was coming and I don't put the tiny babies with the horses, so the girls had to move. They were so excited to be in the other pen where there is just a start of grass to munch on.

Here are some pics from earlier today -

[​IMG]

Rose -

[​IMG]

Heather -

[​IMG]

Heather's daughter Daisie (will probobly rename her) -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heather's other daughter Pudding -

[​IMG]

And Abba - chasing Rose. I saw him breed her once, but we will see if she takes.....

[​IMG]

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    what fun :) congrats they are beautiful

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    they are really nice goats..... :wink: :love:

4. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Oh, I wish I had that much space fenced in for my goats. They look so happy...

What color is Heather?

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    SO cute!!

I thought Daisy has a mohawk there for a moment, then I realized it was somebody's tail. :)

Heather really is a pretty color.

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    some one, I think it was Stacey, in a different thread said that is was a claire something or rather - I remember that it was in the "peacock" area of the color pattern chart - LOL!

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    cou clair is teh color pattern I do believe

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Woo Hoo - I remembered part of it - LOL!

I really like these girls. They are pretty mild and love to give kisses.

I just hope that Rose takes to her "date" with Abba today (and bred Grace to Blue today also!!)

Cinder - that is the "summer pen" because it doesn't have any shelter or anything on it (going to do that this year) and then I have another pen about the same size that is heavily treed and has shelter for the goaties on it. They used to raise elk here.

9. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    As I have already told you... they are GORGEOUS! Heather is my fav :greengrin: :cool:

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Cute cute and CUTER!

11. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW...Allison, they are soooo pretty! I think the Rose/Abba combo will bring you some gorgeous kids! Glad they are fitting in well.

12. cdtrum

cdtrum New Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Pretty, pretty girls......you have such great property!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    thanks cdtrum - gotta love Craigslist - yep - that is how we found our property.

We were living in a house that was in the city about 8 blocks from our house when the owners decided they were going to sell it (we rent because we might move south when hubby's kids graduate - 2 more years - so we didn't want to buy) well I started panicing as we had 2 very large breed dogs and we couldn't find a house we liked that would take the dogs. Then I found this place!

It was 185.00 a month more to live here, but it was 15 acres, only neighbors are below us, fences, horse stall, could have livestock, private beach, boat slip, all kinds of things - but we don't pay for garbage or water and electricity is alot cheaper and we use the fireplace in winter - so really the only extra we truely pay is the gas back and forth to town - but it is worth it.

If you ever come to the Northwest, let me know - and we will have you up!