The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had my eye on a couple of older does for a long time, but we couldn't seem to get our schedule and the sellers to meet up, and it was a pretty far drive, so that didn't work out. :(
BUT I found these cuties for sale a couple days ago; they're four months old, registrable purebred NDs, sold by a breeder not too far from where we live. :D They're UTD on worming, CD&T shots, cocci, etc. And what's really weird is that this lady is actually the original breeder of the doe I already have! She still has her sister even! I had no idea when I called that it would be her. I had heard of her; I had seen her outdated website, but I didn't know where she was.
Any who, here's a link to the ad: http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/grd/3927069083.html
Well probably go check them out (and bring them home, hopefully!)This afternoon. I'm so excited! My brother even helped me get the pen ready yesterday, so we're all set! :D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

IDK if we'll be able to get them today after all- it just started pouring down rain. :rolleyes: Figures it would have to today! It never rains here.

But our week is free, pretty much, so if not today then sometime this week I hope. :)

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
they are adorable!!! I love the markings on the first one. she looks likes a Holstein! and she has a HEART on her shoulder (or call it sleeve to be even cuter)!!!!!!!! :love:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they are adorable!!! I love the markings on the first one. she looks likes a Holstein! and she has a HEART on her shoulder (or call it sleeve to be even cuter)!!!!!!!! :love:
Oh, I didn't even notice that!!! I was too excited... :p thanks for pointing it out!

We're on our way to pick them up! The rain let up. :D

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got them!! On our way home, here they are laying down finally. They were a little nervous at first, but settled down pretty quickly.

I can't get over how TINY they are! I guess I've just gotten used to the large breeds, since its been so long since we had Nigerians, but they seem smaller than the ones we had before. :shrug: IDK if those were PB or not, though. We just had the man's say so to go on, but they did look a lot more Nigerian than Pygmy to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This lady does all the stuff in the book; I trust that she would've been taking the best care of these girls- but I was surprised to notice that their coats are a little rough.
She said that she treats her kids once a week with Alban to prevent coccidia, and IDK how often she deworms, but she gave them each a dose of Valbazen today before we got them.

It looks like their coats were rough, and are now coming in shinier; I'll probably give them a trim soon.

We didn't really ever weigh our other NDs before, except occasionally, and I don't really know the proper weights for them. Does anybody know how much a four month old ND doe should weigh? I'm sure they are fine; they just look soon tiny to me, I wondered if maybe they were a little small for their age.​

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I weight-taped them- they are 11 and 14 lbs. the 14 lb one is a week older than the other, and she's almost exactly four months old.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts