The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got some new girls.
My husband and I have been talking and we decided we wanted a couple a milking does to raise bottle babies and possibly bottle calves. These girls came available and they seemed perfect, super sweet! both are open and ready to bred, we'll breed them to my boer bucks. I hoping to kid them a few weeks before my boers.

my question is on milk machines I know it's not super practical with only two does but I work full time and I need something that works pretty fast for our morning milking.

what do you guys thing of this? https://danshafarms.com/product/the-off-grid-pro-milk-vacuum-machine/

I
don't have electricity in my barn yet so I would need something that doesn't need to be plugged in. I might get electricity next year and if I'm best to hand milk I can but I'm not great at it lol
Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!
3BA4160C-9960-4687-A3E6-F9110AE2B9DE.jpeg

·
Registered
842 Posts
Congrats on the new girls!

We’re going to get a milk machine soon. The one that seems to have the best reviews and is within our budget is the Simple Pulse milker. Pretty sure it needs to be plugged in though.

Once you get the hang of it, hand milking isn’t so bad unless they have tiny teats. Each doe is different, so it takes me a while to learn their anatomy and how to best position my hands. Also, they need to relax enough to let down.

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
A friend had that milking set up and let me borrow it. I agree with Karen. I did not like it at all.

·
Fair-Haven
4,732 Posts
With only two to milk you may not save much time. The machine needs cleaned and disinfected daily .... if your girls are easy milkers should only take about 5 -10 minutes or so per doe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts