The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my first goat. He's going to be a pet, I'm aware he shouldn't be alone and he wont be for very long but I fell in love with him and there are no other kids near me for sale until spring. :(
I plan to spend a lot of time with him daily to make up for this.

Anyways I have a few questions. I expected him to bleat for his herd constantly atleast the first night. He hasn't been bleating except when I was picking him up to move him. Do I just have a exceptionally quiet goat? :confused:
Should I be concerned?

Secondly he hasn't pooped since I picked him up, could it just be from stress?
His tummy is making the sounds it should and hes eating but its weird to me he hasn't went. Been prolly three hours now.

Thanks anyone who helps!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He is five months, I dont know his temp I wasn't aware I'd have to have something to take it with but Ill buy something for that tomorrow everything is closed here now.

He is a boer alpine cross and naturally hornless if that helps too.

·
Super Moderator
59,925 Posts
A cheap digital thermometer is all you need. I would give him Probios daily for a week and give him a shot of B Complex. Keep an eye on him because he could have a parasite bloom from the stress.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay will do, I'll pick those up and some dewormer just in case he does get a outbreak.

So I shouldn't worry that he isn't screaming?
Dont get me wrong I'm glad he's not but..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's very active and eating he jumped 5 feet in a attempt to get out of his pen while he was loose and was running a lot. He's currently in a kennel on our enclosed porch for the night because it's cold and I dont want him so far away from the house alone. He's just standing there in the kennel right now looking around and alert.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay thank you! I'll be keeping a look out for a friend for him. I feel bad he's alone I'll prolly end up sitting outside with him all day until I find him one lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts