The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FB_IMG_1559084603787.jpg
Hi everyone! I'm Beth. I'm a new owner of two oberhasli does and a nigerian dwarf mix with her two month baby. I have lots of questions and look forward to advice from this experienced goat community. Just wanted introduce myself first.
20190528_175409.jpg
20190528_173824.jpg

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
:hi: Welcome to the group. (I live in NC also) Oberhasli are such graceful looking goats, and I've herd many good things about the breed in general. The Nigerian doe is lovely, but I may be partial.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I really like that coat your doe is sporting.

Reactions: BethJ

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Welcome to TGS! So glad to have you here!

Maybe your Nigerian mix is/is mixed with a mini silky fainting goat? Looks just like the mini silkys that I have owned. Very pretty girl! And the obers :eek:ohlala:

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,513 Posts
I too am in NC (quite a few of us are). My, my those are some good lookin' goats. What do you have them for? pets? milk? your daily dose of cuteness?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to TGS! So glad to have you here!

Maybe your Nigerian mix is/is mixed with a mini silky fainting goat? Looks just like the mini silkys that I have owned. Very pretty girl! And the obers :eek:ohlala:
View attachment 156459 Yeah she looks like a miniature silky fainting goat to me too!
Thanks! I've been wondering what she could be mixed with to get that long coat! Definitely looks like she could have some mini silky in there.

I too am in NC (quite a few of us are). My, my those are some good lookin' goats. What do you have them for? pets? milk? your daily dose of cuteness?
Thank you! At the moment they are pets/daily dose of cuteness :) but I do hope to milk them in the future!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone! I'm loving these oberhasli so far! They are such sweet girls. My Nigerian dwarf mix is more shy, she was dam raised, but we're making progress.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts