The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband went to auction and brought home 6 goats 2 weathers 4 bucks ugh!!! Everyone is in quarantine I wormed them and gave them CD&T shots 2 are definitely on few months old 3 at most the others are older how old I have no clue the oldest looking of them all was standing off in corner has slight cough and a slightly runny nose his temp was normal and he was eating and drinking his belly was very round but u could feel all his bones if he didn't have such fluffy hair u would be able to see them I am sure any suggestions of what else I should treat him with?

·
Super Moderator
59,747 Posts
What did you worm them with and how much? I would treat them all for coccidia if you haven't done that.

I would slowly introduce something like alfalfa pellets to help with weight gain.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Wow, better get everybody tested for everything before you let them in with your herd. It may cost you some now but it somebody has cl or cae it will be worth it to know.
As far as weight gain i was told to add oil to their feed. Sunflower seeds are also good.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, better get everybody tested for everything before you let them in with your herd. It may cost you some now but it somebody has cl or cae it will be worth it to know.
As far as weight gain i was told to add oil to their feed. Sunflower seeds are also good.
I am not planning on keeping them not sure what the heck he was thinking hoping to find them new homes soon I certainly don't need any or want any bucks and I don't want to put them in with my herd. I felt for lumps looked over for open wounds I figure if I can't find them homes in 2 weeks he can take them right back to auction! I know he meant well but not for my herd if I can't get rid of them and he won't take them back to auction then he can pay to have them tested and weathered and everything else they need

1 - 7 of 7 Posts