The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. One of our beloved pet goats unexpectedly passed away a couple days ago from Polio and now the goat that was bonded to her is now lost and confused (and he’s still afraid of humans but we’re trying to get him tamed now and there’s a little progress) and were wondering if we should get another goat and when? I’ll feel so guilty getting another one so soon (especially since ours was a one of a kind). He does have our horse and chickens whom he kind of bonded to.

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. I agree. He needs a buddy. One of same age and size is ideal. If he has horns. Find one with horns..if disbudded. Find one disbudded. Having them as evenly yoked as you can helps.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I'm so sorry you lost her, about where are you? There's a lot of folks here on here who might be local to help you find the perfect buddy for your lonely little guy.
For example, I'm in Texas, sort of between Waco and Fort Worth..(just a general area if you're not comfortable giving more specific location. )
Getting the right buddy also might help this one overcome his fear of people too.
@happybleats gave you great advice about getting as close a match as possible.
If you can give specifics and someone on here might have or know someone near you that can help.
Good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm so sorry you lost her, about where are you? There's a lot of folks here on here who might be local to help you find the perfect buddy for your lonely little guy.
For example, I'm in Texas, sort of between Waco and Fort Worth..(just a general area if you're not comfortable giving more specific location. )
Getting the right buddy also might help this one overcome his fear of people too.
@happybleats gave you great advice about getting as close a match as possible.
If you can give specifics and someone on here might have or know someone near you that can help.
Good luck!
I am in Wisconsin between Stevens point and Appleton

1 - 10 of 10 Posts