New Goats are here - Color questions

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by Epona142, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    We picked up the newcomers today; a momma (Honey), a yearling (Rudy, probably pregnant), and one of Honey's kids. (No name yet, born in December)

For those more knowing than I, what would their colors be called? I know Honey is most likely a chamois.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aren't they the cutest? A little wild, but I was able to scratch them a little bit while I fed them.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Honey is either carmel or chamoisee

Baby girl is black and white

Rudy -- difficult to say. seems like she doesnt have a distinct color pattern or I should say one distinct pattern. I want to say possibly broken buckskin :shrug:

3. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    I thought she would be difficult. I suppose I could call her a tri-colored broken buckskin? She sure is cute . . . we may hold onto one of her babies instead of one of Hope's, as her kids will not be related to my buck. It all depends I suppose. I sure wish I could let ya'll hear how she sounds, everytime I hear it I laugh like crazy!

4. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    They sure are pretty!
    Maybe Rudy will have a buckling if shes preg, and Hope will have a doeling XD

5. Epona142

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Nooooo...don't tempt me into keeping another male! :slapfloor:

6. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Honey is a medium caramel agouti.
    Second doe is a mix of different colors, looks like some buckskin, but a lot of blending....There wouldn't be any distinct color pattern on her.
    Third doeling is black w/ minimal white.
    They all are really cute!!!

7. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Honey I would call chamoisee with some roaning; the other, I agree doesn't have definite pattern enough (like a cape for buckskin ) for me to call it anything but tri-color.