The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop a line to let everyone know I am still here! I have been packed for the past few days, so I haven't been able to get online. On Sunday we purchased 16 more Minis! 15 Does, one of which had a Buckling by her side that is 5 days old right now. 6 of these 16 Minis have blue eyes!! We got them home and settled on Sunday (lots of work again). On Monday one of the Does I had purchased delivered twins with no complications. Both the babies have blue eyes and both of them are Bucklings. So on Monday I was getting them situated and everything taken care of. Then today (Tuesday) my Black Doe (Vicki, blue eyes) gave birth to a single Doeling with blue eyes :D !! So I got them situated and we rotated the goats to a different pastures for new grazing (of course we have the new ones in isolation right now). We also did a few repairs to one of our old fences today. :shock: So I have been swamped!! 5 of the Does we purchased were for resale only and 2 of those have already been sold. I had a lady come out yesterday and purchase 2 of those and 1 other one that I already had (yet another thing I had to do yesterday). You add all that up with dishes, laundry, and grocery shopping and it is just exhausting. I haven't had a chance to get pictures of all of the new Does and the new babies yet. I am planning on getting that done tomorrow since I really don't have anything scheduled to do tomorrow. So, as long as everything goes well I will have pictures to share tomorrow! I also have to get them added to my website :shock:

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Well my Hubby has finally succeeded in giving me his cold :( So I won't be taking pics today :cry: I think I have caught it early enough to nip it in the bud if I can keep myself indoors for today. Pics WILL be taken tomorrow though, no matter what! Did I meantion that I now have 11 goats with blue eyes in my herd :D 2 of those are the little Bucklings though so those will be for sale. Vicki little Doeling is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! She has some black on her head, bottom, and a couple of spots on her sides. Then she has 4 black legs (the ENTIRE legs)! And those blue eyes just completely set her off! I can't wait for everyone to see her! And of course my other new Does. I think I have almost got the market on color cornered after adding these new girls :wink: The only think I have left to get is a Buckskin (isn't that what they call the dark brown ones with the black capes across their shoulders?) and I will be complete! 8)

·
Registered
8,907 Posts
Way to go on all the newbies!

Now I know where all the blue eyes went - LOL! I wish that you were closer, as I would like to see them, and would have loved a blue eyed buck!

About your cold - try to get ahold of what is called Emergen-C it is a powder that you mix in a little bit of water - mabey 4 oz. It is vitamins. I have never taken meds and vitamins, but at work they had me taking this stuff 3 times a day and I felt so good and my cold was gone in no time! I bought mine at Fred Meyers in the health food section~

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again!
kelebek said:
Way to go on all the newbies!

Now I know where all the blue eyes went - LOL! I wish that you were closer, as I would like to see them, and would have loved a blue eyed buck!

About your cold - try to get ahold of what is called Emergen-C it is a powder that you mix in a little bit of water - mabey 4 oz. It is vitamins. I have never taken meds and vitamins, but at work they had me taking this stuff 3 times a day and I felt so good and my cold was gone in no time! I bought mine at Fred Meyers in the health food section~
Yes, I keep saying everyone needs to move closer to AL :wink:

I will have to try that for my cold. If I manage to get to town :roll: Thank you!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts