New Goats!! New Babies!! Herd Complete!!!

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HollowbeadRanch, Oct 30, 2007.

1. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to drop a line to let everyone know I am still here! I have been packed for the past few days, so I haven't been able to get online. On Sunday we purchased 16 more Minis! 15 Does, one of which had a Buckling by her side that is 5 days old right now. 6 of these 16 Minis have blue eyes!! We got them home and settled on Sunday (lots of work again). On Monday one of the Does I had purchased delivered twins with no complications. Both the babies have blue eyes and both of them are Bucklings. So on Monday I was getting them situated and everything taken care of. Then today (Tuesday) my Black Doe (Vicki, blue eyes) gave birth to a single Doeling with blue eyes :D !! So I got them situated and we rotated the goats to a different pastures for new grazing (of course we have the new ones in isolation right now). We also did a few repairs to one of our old fences today. :shock: So I have been swamped!! 5 of the Does we purchased were for resale only and 2 of those have already been sold. I had a lady come out yesterday and purchase 2 of those and 1 other one that I already had (yet another thing I had to do yesterday). You add all that up with dishes, laundry, and grocery shopping and it is just exhausting. I haven't had a chance to get pictures of all of the new Does and the new babies yet. I am planning on getting that done tomorrow since I really don't have anything scheduled to do tomorrow. So, as long as everything goes well I will have pictures to share tomorrow! I also have to get them added to my website :shock:

2. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    You have been busy. Can't wait to see them.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    BOY I am exhaulsted just reading it!

Pictures would be awesome! :D

4. fritzie

fritzie New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    TENN
    you sure have been busy but it all sounds like fun to. congrats on all the new ones

5. fcnubian

fcnubian New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Congrats on all the new goats. :D

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Congratulations on the new does AND their babies.....now take a breather!!! Sit down w/ acup o joe and enjoy those goaties!! :p

7. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks everyone! Well my Hubby has finally succeeded in giving me his cold :( So I won't be taking pics today :cry: I think I have caught it early enough to nip it in the bud if I can keep myself indoors for today. Pics WILL be taken tomorrow though, no matter what! Did I meantion that I now have 11 goats with blue eyes in my herd :D 2 of those are the little Bucklings though so those will be for sale. Vicki little Doeling is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! She has some black on her head, bottom, and a couple of spots on her sides. Then she has 4 black legs (the ENTIRE legs)! And those blue eyes just completely set her off! I can't wait for everyone to see her! And of course my other new Does. I think I have almost got the market on color cornered after adding these new girls :wink: The only think I have left to get is a Buckskin (isn't that what they call the dark brown ones with the black capes across their shoulders?) and I will be complete! 8)

8. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Way to go on all the newbies!

Now I know where all the blue eyes went - LOL! I wish that you were closer, as I would like to see them, and would have loved a blue eyed buck!

About your cold - try to get ahold of what is called Emergen-C it is a powder that you mix in a little bit of water - mabey 4 oz. It is vitamins. I have never taken meds and vitamins, but at work they had me taking this stuff 3 times a day and I felt so good and my cold was gone in no time! I bought mine at Fred Meyers in the health food section~

9. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    Congrats on the new goaties!!! That sure is a lot of blue eyed goats!

10. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Thanks again!
    Yes, I keep saying everyone needs to move closer to AL :wink:

I will have to try that for my cold. If I manage to get to town :roll: Thank you!

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I can't wait to see the pics! PLEASE hurry! The suspense is killin' me!

But only when you feel better!

LOL!

Talk to you soon
    Al

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Congrats on your new additions!!

13. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    I FINALLY got the pics taken today!! I am downloading them to PhotoBucket right now. As soon as I post a new thread I will insert a link here :wink:

14. HollowbeadRanch

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama