New goats on the Farm

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by nhsmallfarmer, Jun 26, 2008.

1. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    :cool: I got a couple new goats on the farm :cool:

Meet Holly, she just turned 3, kidded out June 3,2008 (they kept her kids) she is a registered French Alpine, her registered name is Electra, but they called her Holly, her scur reminded them of Holly Who from The Grinch who stole Christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luke is a 3 month old billy, he was dehorned but scured
    [​IMG]

I am so happy with Holly, she jumps rite up on the milk stand no kicking or nothing, she is so sweet an gentle, never once used her scur on anyone of us or with Brandy.

his sister Lea, a beautiful doeling, I would keep her but now I have Holly and am waiting to get another milking doe in the next few weeks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the back side of Luke n Lea
    [​IMG]

Holly is the sweetest doe (sorry Brandy) so gentle an loving, she never once used her scur on anyone or us or Brandy, she milks out at 51/2 pounds am and 4 1/2 pounds pm :clap:

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Congratulations, they are all adorable.

Do you have those tow babies Luke and Lea together? I hope not or you just might have babies before you really wanted any. He is well endowed.

I just love that face on Lea, she is sssooooo cute.

3. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    oh boy I forgot about that, they can reproduce at such a young age, I haven't even noticed him trying to mount her so it slipped my mind :scratch: I will go out and separate them right now, guess I am in for some loud noise for a day or two, lol

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Alpines are seasonal breeders so he won't go into rutt until August and she won't start going into heat until August or later.

Beautiful goats, congratulations

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio
    Congratualtions,they are pretty,I really like Luke and Lea's color. :)

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Very pretty girls...Holly and Lea...and Luke is just so cute...I'm sure he'll make some pretty babies!

7. nhsmallfarmer

nhsmallfarmer New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I have Luke and Lea for sale now but nothing is really moving in the livestock business around here (at 10.75 a bail of hay I cant say I blame them )
    Hubby and I decided that if I cant get a good price on Luke I could use him for our fall breeding, he should be big enough by then right :shrug: ? not with Lea of course, lol