The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:cool: I got a couple new goats on the farm :cool:

Meet Holly, she just turned 3, kidded out June 3,2008 (they kept her kids) she is a registered French Alpine, her registered name is Electra, but they called her Holly, her scur reminded them of Holly Who from The Grinch who stole Christmas.

Luke is a 3 month old billy, he was dehorned but scured

I am so happy with Holly, she jumps rite up on the milk stand no kicking or nothing, she is so sweet an gentle, never once used her scur on anyone of us or with Brandy.

his sister Lea, a beautiful doeling, I would keep her but now I have Holly and am waiting to get another milking doe in the next few weeks

the back side of Luke n Lea

Holly is the sweetest doe (sorry Brandy) so gentle an loving, she never once used her scur on anyone or us or Brandy, she milks out at 51/2 pounds am and 4 1/2 pounds pm :clap:

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
Congratulations, they are all adorable.

Do you have those tow babies Luke and Lea together? I hope not or you just might have babies before you really wanted any. He is well endowed.

I just love that face on Lea, she is sssooooo cute.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh boy I forgot about that, they can reproduce at such a young age, I haven't even noticed him trying to mount her so it slipped my mind :scratch: I will go out and separate them right now, guess I am in for some loud noise for a day or two, lol

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have Luke and Lea for sale now but nothing is really moving in the livestock business around here (at 10.75 a bail of hay I cant say I blame them )
Hubby and I decided that if I cant get a good price on Luke I could use him for our fall breeding, he should be big enough by then right :shrug: ? not with Lea of course, lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts