New goats

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by GregH, Dec 10, 2007.

1. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    I added a MiniNubian doe and her babies to my herd this past weekend. I'm very excited to get them. The doe is a 1st generation MiniNubian from Whispering Pines. The babies (1 boy and 1 girl) are 2nd generation MiniNubians.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    congrats! Very cute goats. But mom looks very kiko! How old are the kids? 3 months til we have babies again!

3. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

they are really pretty. I think mom looks mini nubian, she has blue eyes how neat! You mayb get some blue eyes kids over the years. Did she have a tag ripped out of ear at one point?
    Which one is the doe kid? i really like the black one. Looks like they have really good ears.
    beth

4. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    The white one is the doe kid. I'm not sure what happened to the mom's ear. I didn't ask when I got her. They were born Saturday morning around 9:00am.

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

are you going to leave the buck a buck or wether him? It looks like mom had a tag ripped out of her ear.
    beth

6. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    I will probably wether him since I already have a nice buck.....

7. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    They are very pretty...I do agree that mom looks like a kiko but that doesn't mean she is one. Those kids are cute!

8. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Aww! You're going to wether the buck kid. Darn it! I'd love him! :lol: :roll:

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

he sure is pretty. I like his color. You don't know anyone that would want him as a buck?
    beth

10. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    I didn't mean her looking like a kiko was bad. I have a bunch of them! Just saw the resemblance. You have 2 very cute kiddos. If your buck grows well, you could possibly sell him as a sire.

11. alyssa_romine

alyssa_romine Breaking Dawn Ranch

Oct 4, 2007
    arkansas
    I wasn't implying that either, I too have a Kiko...I love her so much

12. GregH

GregH New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Glade Hill, VA
    I agree that she does look similar to a kiko. (I didn't mind the reference at all) She is a 1st generation MiniNubian and doesn't have the nice Nubian ears like her babies do.

13. Hailee's Herd

Hailee's Herd New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Michigan
    Congrats! I really like the black one.